Confirmed 3G

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

When can I order my new one?!
Anonymous

Sad drool!

Allegedly available from 11th July; yet to be confirmed from O2 what the deal's gonna be for us current owners, unless anyone's heard elsewhere?

Keynote makes it $199, which I reckon to be about £100. Unless, of course, as they're gonna tie us in for another 18 months, they're gonna give it to us F.O.C?

Although, from macrumourslive.com:
11:08 am iPhone 2.0 will be available in early for July. Free for iPhone owners, $9.99 for iPod Touch owners.

Fingers crossed!
Anonymous

Re: Sad drool!

Allegedly available from 11th July; yet to be confirmed from O2 what the deal's gonna be for us current owners, unless anyone's heard elsewhere?
Keynote makes it $199, which I reckon to be about £100. Unless, of course, as they're gonna tie us in for another 18 months, they're gonna give it to us F.O.C?
Although, from macrumourslive.com:
11:08 am iPhone 2.0 will be available in early for July. Free for iPhone owners, $9.99 for iPod Touch owners.
Fingers crossed!

Rumour is free phone new 18 month contract Smiley Indifferent
Anonymous

Re: Sad drool!

Rumour is free phone new 18 month contract Smiley Indifferent

Ah, rumours! Yes, as we say at work:
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good rumour!"

New contract ok, but are they gonna stay the same, i.e. cost / allowances?

C'mon O2, keep up!
Anonymous

iPhone 3G

I would be more than happy to extend my current contract for a further 18 months providing the iPhone 3G was FREE!!

At the end of the day, I can't think of another phone I'd rather have than the iPhone. So I'm happy to extend my contract and keep the phone I love!
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

I'd happily pay the £100 or £150 for the phone.

O2 have already said that they will allow you to go into a new 18month contract without being held to you current when when you upgrade.

If they don't charge for the phone I don't think we will get as much for the monthly amount - they need to get their cut somewhere.
Level 9: Fired up

Re: iPhone 3G

I would be more than happy to extend my current contract for a further 18 months providing the iPhone 3G was FREE!!
At the end of the day, I can't think of another phone I'd rather have than the iPhone. So I'm happy to extend my contract and keep the phone I love!

Ditto to that Smiley Wink
Anonymous

iPhone

Well they've already had their cut. I paid full whack for my iphone on the day it came out, so my feeling is that they've already got their cut.

I think they should give current iphone customers a free upgrade to extend their contract, but also offer the option that if you do not want to extend your contract you can pay the £100 and carry on for the rest of your term.

just my feelings, but personally i think its the least O2 / apple can do.
Anonymous

Re: iPhone

Well they've already had their cut. I paid full whack for my iphone on the day it came out, so my feeling is that they've already got their cut.
I think they should give current iphone customers a free upgrade to extend their contract, but also offer the option that if you do not want to extend your contract you can pay the £100 and carry on for the rest of your term.
just my feelings, but personally i think its the least O2 / apple can do.

I agree completely -- O2 and Apple got enough out of us when the iPhone first came out. I'm sure the majority of people with an iPhone look back and regret splashing out £269 for a phone, it's ludicrous. But we all wanted one and didn't want to wait for the prices to come down!

I think O2 and Apple have made more than enough and can afford to give us current iPhone customers a free upgrade (if we extend our contracts).