Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Re: Upgrade possibilities

I have the 16GB model, £329 (extortionate but I love music). Anyway I wanted to get an opinion about upgrading as I am on the £45 pm tariff, and I would like the 16GB 3G iPhone. If those with 8GB phones get free upgrades would it not be natural I get the same treatment and not have to pay £59? Or am I expected to make the difference by selling my current model?

I see what you're saying. It would be unfair for 16GB customers had to pay more again for a new 16GB!
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

i wont get a 3g iphone
reason looking at the 3g coverage map for my postcade
very unlikly
Anonymous

Pretty lame upgrade offer IMO

As existing £35 tariff users, it's £99 to us.

Oh, same as a new customer then. Pretty lame.

Oh, ok we don't have to pay an upgrade fee. Big deal.

Si.
Anonymous

Rip Off

Now that's not very good is it?

Why should someone shell out 329 for a 16 gig phone and then be expected to shell out another 159?

I understand they need to get something out of it, but they already did - 329 quid.

The logical thing to do was to give the phone away free to all existing iPhone owners.

Considering there are better phones on the market that don't suffer from these continual rip off prices and a Sony PSP phone is on the way I wonder why we are being taken for such a large ride by Apple.
Anonymous

Rip Off

Now that's not very good is it?

Why should someone shell out 329 for a 16 gig phone and then be expected to shell out another 159?

I understand they need to get something out of it, but they already did - 329 quid.

The logical thing to do was to give the phone away free to all existing iPhone owners.

The phone looks exactly the same as the existing one...where is the better camera, where is the video camera, can we now send a photo as part of a text?

Considering there are better phones on the market that don't suffer from these continual rip off prices and a Sony PSP phone is on the way I wonder why we are being taken for such a large ride by Apple.
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

Yeah I totally agree, I can understand them charging more for the 16gb version, i think they should have given everyone a free 8gb one (since the money they earned off the contract should ahve covered this already) and then charge people £100 if they want the 16gb model.
Anonymous

Confirmed 3G

For those who work in retail this happens every day....

I do not agree with the upgrade myself but its life! And dont be fool as an apple fan, they update most things every 12-18 months so its going to upgrade again id say sooner rather than later.

You are not explected to upgrade or change your handset its a choice we have.... if you want a 3g handset then you have to pay the lolly... we all knew that a 3g was on the way and those who have the ability to wait (thats not me) waited until now to buy... At the end of the day its a business... to make money.. I hate to say it....

If I follow your logic Troy BMW owe me a new car as the new 3 series came out 3 months after I got my new one! As for MMS and other features... the iphone has the things it needs to offer those... and I am sure things like a tomtom navigator and a MMS feature will be on the Apps store in July.

To end... no one forces us to buy anything... we choose to... if you dont agree dont buy it....

I wish o2 would clear up if anyone will get any discount on the 16gb and long term iphoners... but as o2 usually do... they dont say owt....
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Rip Off

The PSP phone is rumoured I doubt it will see the light of day.

Yeah you have the N96, Xpedia X1 etc coming up but which of those will have a full web browser or the media functions of the iPhone? That's what people buy it for.

How much is the Nokia N95 8GB on a £30 a month contract for a new customer on the O2 website? £149.99. I rest my case.