cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints team are ignoring me any suggestions please!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Summary of issues:

• MMS not working
    • No personal hotspot option
    • Age verification requirement
    • Not logging a complaint via chat when requested
    • Incorrect information provided by the store which forced me to change to a non unlimited data package and now refuse to put me back even though they said they would if it did not work!
    • Chat team refused to log a complaint and tried to give me £5 to get rid of me which i refused
    • This has been on going for 7 weeks
    • Emailed the complaints review team who didnt even read my email, gave me some refunds but the issues remain and still dont have unlimited data

In total I have contacted O2

• 11 times by phone
  • 3 visits to the stores
  • 6 emails, 3 of which were this week to the complaints team with no reply.

Over 7 weeks I have:

(1)     Reset the phone 
        (2)     Checked settings 
        (3)     Changed settings 
        (4)     Had settings sent by text 
        (5)     Forced new settings by downloading them 
        (6)     Manually changed the settings 
        (7)     Settings reset 
        (8)     New SIM 
        (9)     Been to stores 
        (10)   Spoken to your Guru 
        (11)   Had the iphone 5 swapped for a new phone by apple 
        (12)   Full reset new phone 

Issue still remains. 

At a customer service conference I attended in Glasgow O2 were boasting that they took customer service serviously as well as complaints, this obviously insnt the case.

I have asked the complaints team to call me 3 times and have had no reply.

I am hoping that by posting these issues on here, facebook and twitter will help as if it doesnt I then have no other choice but to go to the regulators 😞

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Once you agree to change tariff you can't go back, esp to one which doesn't exist anymore.

Your MMS probably just needs the correct settings on the phone but hardly anyone uses MMS anymore. Send imessage, email or use whatsapp.

Hotspot only works on certain tariffs so maybe not supported on the tariff you have chosen.

Age verification can be done in store or online using a credit card. Just complete the required steps to get it removed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Once you agree to change tariff you can't go back, esp to one which doesn't exist anymore.

Your MMS probably just needs the correct settings on the phone but hardly anyone uses MMS anymore. Send imessage, email or use whatsapp.

Hotspot only works on certain tariffs so maybe not supported on the tariff you have chosen.

Age verification can be done in store or online using a credit card. Just complete the required steps to get it removed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I love the word "forced", I wonder what kind of torture they used! wink

Sadly MI5 is right, once you leave a legacy tarriff that is no longer offered you can't go back to it.

I'm sure most of your other problems could be solved here.

After 8 weeks you can use the Ombudsman:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you not escalated the problem to the CEO? If you do, I'll guarantee you'll get a response, especially if you copy in Watchdog?
Message 4 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Watchdog would only take it up if they have many complaints. It is afterall a program with a vested interested in getting more people watching:(.

As perksie suggested the ombudsman is the one who can crack the metaphorical whip against companies like O2.

I completely agree with esculating to CEO if your not having any luck.

However majority of those "problems" listed are ones asked on here on an almost daily basis. So solutions are not far away by any means.(despite O2 CS probably should of solved them already rather than let it get this far).
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 6

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I would concur with contacting the CEO, be concise and polite but list the problems and what you would like done. You may not get all you ask for eg unlimited data tariff but in my experience it resolved matters to my satisfaction following that route after being fobbed off by CS staff and supervisors. (that was 10 years or so ago though)

You need to contact the CEO before the ombudsman as you have to have exhausted all complaints procedures direct with the company before approaching him.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 6