cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on the o2 network for contract. Each month I get unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 1gb data for £36. However, I have just checked today on my recent charges that the text message was £10.51 when I have unlimited texts and I have not done any picture messaging nor text anyone outside the UK. And the bill is due in tomorrow. What to do??

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check if you have been charged for sending MMS instead of SMS. It has been a problem or feature of the iphone since the last iOS update. More information and discussion in this thread:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Being-charged-for-MMS-messages-that-I-sen...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check if you have been charged for sending MMS instead of SMS. It has been a problem or feature of the iphone since the last iOS update. More information and discussion in this thread:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Being-charged-for-MMS-messages-that-I-sen...

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

However, I have not sent any photos of any sort of multimedia formats. How do I check I have sent an MMS? Thank you

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Group texts also get charged as MMS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The strangest thing is that I checked why I have got charges and "apparently" I have sent MMS but the thing it was sent to contacts I have never sent messages to before and the time it was sent at, I was asleep and no one touches my phone as they do not know my pass lock. And what was even weird, the messages were sent one second after each other to mutiple contacts I hardly contact. They were all sent in the same day too and I got charged £10.51. This is nonsense.

Message 5 of 5