cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing ownership of an iPhone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am giving a relative my old iPhone 4, having used it on O2 pay monthly.  He will be using another network's pay as you go.  It no longer has a sim in it and I'm wondering how do I arrange to unblock it for his use?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
No, not at all.
It is just checking that the phone was used on O2 and it's the IMEI number of the phone that gets unlocked, so won't effect your 5 at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

Fill out the unlock form as if it was still your phone, using your number etc Unlock Form

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I just looked at the form and have one (hopefully!) last question: as I now have an iPhone 5 using the same phone number as when I had the iPhone 4, will using the form mess up my existing access?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
No, not at all.
It is just checking that the phone was used on O2 and it's the IMEI number of the phone that gets unlocked, so won't effect your 5 at all.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
IF you have iOS 7 on the iPhone 4 you will need to go into settings and perform the erase content and settings procedure so the new owner can insert their own apple I.d

Settings , general , reset , erase all content and settings.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
If you have any problems. come back and we'll help you some more......
Message 6 of 6