Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change O2 account from old iPad to new iPad

Tim_Powys-Lybbe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
We have a very old iPad which is a bit tired, so had bought a new one. We tried to change the O2 account from the old one to the new one but this was a disaster and was not possible. Does anyone know different? The SIM cards weren't the same size so we could not just move the SIM from one machine to another.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Chase up your credits with customer service
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Tim_Powys-Lybbe
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

Re your last PPS re the sim swap being used successfully/. Yes I have on my husbands phone and my sons.

On mine I had it done instore by the very helpful staff in my local branch

Thanks for that.  You are lucky.  Would your store by any chance be in the Berkshire area as it could be worth trying them in the future?

Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Tim_Powys-Lybbewrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

Re your last PPS re the sim swap being used successfully/. Yes I have on my husbands phone and my sons.

On mine I had it done instore by the very helpful staff in my local branch

Thanks for that.  You are lucky.  Would your store by any chance be in the Berkshire area as it could be worth trying them in the future?

No @Tim_Powys-Lybbe It's in Nuneaton Warwickshire...Sorry wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The issue is training of staff in your store not the location of it.
Stores up and down the county do this hundred of times daily.
You must have another store nearby that you can go to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
The issue is training of staff in your store not the location of it.
Stores up and down the county do this hundred of times daily.
You must have another store nearby that you can go to?

Totally agree with this. O2 store staff are there to help customers NOT just make commission on selling phones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Tim_Powys-Lybbe I did a sim swap in store many many years ago with the total time of 20 minutes taken for the new sim to activate, which is why I suggested it to you in my first reply. I'm really surprised you've had so much difficulty. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 19

Tim_Powys-Lybbe
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambinowrote:

@Tim_Powys-Lybbe I did a sim swap in store many many years ago with the total time of 20 minutes taken for the new sim to activate, which is why I suggested it to you in my first reply. I'm really surprised you've had so much difficulty. 

So am I.  And I am also surprised at the number of people in O2 who have said it is easy yet when they tried to do it, it failed.  Though I was given one piece of advice at the local O2 store: "Never go to the O2 telepone Help Service, they're no good, always c ome to the shop"; regrettably he was the worst of the lot at being able to do what he promised!  And, halfway through, he had to ring up Telephone Help too.

Message 17 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Tim_Powys-Lybbe We are all customers here, so I'm sorry to say that it comes down to the incompetence of your local store. If the issue isn't resolved as yet, I hope it will be soon. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 19

Tim_Powys-Lybbe
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
Your options are either a brand new payg data sim with the top up as advised from the o2 shop or take your old sim to your local market stall and ask them to cut it down to the new size needed.
There must be an issue with your old sim or type of tariff that we aren’t aware of that is preventing a simple sim swap.

In fact I did buy another small SIM at the O2 shop, making two and costing £35, since we got the new iPad.  With neither could they do a sim swap from the old SIM in the old iPad to the new SIM in the new iPad.  My view is that there is something wrong with O2's systems, be it programs or training of their people.  Regrettably noone here has been able to explain what went wrong (not surprising as armchair fault-finding is next to impossible!).

The only hope is that O2 picks up the problem and decides to work out what the issue really was and how to prevent it happening again.  Only O2 has the resources to do this.  At the moment the chances of this happening appear slight.

Message 19 of 19