Did you mean: 

Cellular Plan sign error code 88

JanConijn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I used to be an EE customer Sim only and a Cellular Plan for the Apple Watch. All working fine.

I signed up for Sim only plan and I like to sign up for a Cellular plan for my Apple watch.

It looks like that O2 has got an issue with selling plans on a AppleWatch that used to have a plan.

O2 is suggestin that the error message 88 while try to sign up for an O2 Watch plan is caused by a hardware issue. 

Apple Care has remotely checked the watch and all is fine.

EE has end the Watch plan and released the EID

I have reset the apple watch and phone to factory setting and all IOS  and Watch IOS are up to date.

O2 Guru are suggestion it is not a network fault but have esculated to an higher level, ticket raised friday with a waitung time of 5 days.

It would be great to have a solution for the above and that all first line Guru's  know how to resolve this.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JanConijn
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The solution for this problem is the right monthly plan. I was advised my the web sales team that is could use a 5G monthly plan in combination with Apple Watch Plan. This was not correct at this moment in time only a 4G monthly plan works.

The Guru from O2 Westfield Stratford should be appointed to employee of the month.

Please retrain your Guru’s

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's very common and I'm not even sure O2 know how to fix it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

JanConijn
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The solution for this problem is the right monthly plan. I was advised my the web sales team that is could use a 5G monthly plan in combination with Apple Watch Plan. This was not correct at this moment in time only a 4G monthly plan works.

The Guru from O2 Westfield Stratford should be appointed to employee of the month.

Please retrain your Guru’s

Message 3 of 7

rg11
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
woah, is that the actual issue? I’ve been trying to get this fixed for almost a week now.
Message 4 of 7

rg11
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@JanConijn So do you have this solved now? Did you just have to change plan, or did it need a new non-5g sim?

Message 5 of 7

JanConijn
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I had to change my 5G 20GB +10GB for a 4GB plan, same cost £20 a month. It was only the change on the system with the same Sim. All done in 20 min, I have been told by O2 when Apple has got a 5G phone I can change free of charge to the 5G version.

Message 6 of 7

rg11
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Jan!

Message 7 of 7