Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Reply
Anonymous
Posts: 0
Accepted Solution

Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!

Hey guys, i preordered a 6S the other day on the 3gb tariff, with insurance at 12.50. I noticed for an extra 3 quid or so i can get the 20gb tariff with free insurance and then add the loss / theft for an extra fiver.

 

Been on to live chat this afternoon, apparently i cannot simply change the upgrade tariff i ordered, i need to cancel the order, wait 24 hour, and then order again! I dont want to do this because then i will get put to the back of the queue for preorders! Surely its simple to change the tariff i ordered, especially when the phone wont be dispatched for another week and a half?

 

Any help appreciated, thank you! 

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, i preordered a 6S the other day on the 3gb tariff, with insurance at 12.50. I noticed for an extra 3 quid or so i can get the 20gb tariff with free insurance and then add the loss / theft for an extra fiver.

 

Been on to live chat this afternoon, apparently i cannot simply change the upgrade tariff i ordered, i need to cancel the order, wait 24 hour, and then order again! I dont want to do this because then i will get put to the back of the queue for preorders! Surely its simple to change the tariff i ordered, especially when the phone wont be dispatched for another week and a half?

 

Any help appreciated, thank you! 


Deleted by me @MI5 confirmed my suspicions 

Posts: 117,582
Topics: 576
Solutions: 16,515
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!

Unfortunately for you, live chat have advised you correctly.
Crazy as it sounds, that is O2's policy, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!

Wow, cant believe it! Thought it was just the live chat not knowing what they are on about.

 

Seriously amazed at this, i will now be re credit checked again etc and probably wont get my phone for weeks after the 25th...

 

Is it worth ringing them up and complaining / seeing if they can do anything?

Posts: 117,582
Topics: 576
Solutions: 16,515
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!

You can try the complaints link to see if it helps http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!


@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, cant believe it! Thought it was just the live chat not knowing what they are on about.

 

Seriously amazed at this, i will now be re credit checked again etc and probably wont get my phone for weeks after the 25th...

 

Is it worth ringing them up and complaining / seeing if they can do anything?


Why don't you just cancel it and order via CPW then you have a better chance of 25th delivery

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!

Because i am upgrading from a 12 month sim only contract

Posts: 117,582
Topics: 576
Solutions: 16,515
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!


@Anonymous wrote:

Why don't you just cancel it and order via CPW then you have a better chance of 25th delivery


jono won't get the tariff they want from CPW though, so how would that help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!

Yeah my bad, well sucks.
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!


@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why don't you just cancel it and order via CPW then you have a better chance of 25th delivery


jono won't get the tariff they want from CPW though, so how would that help?


Definitely wouldn't get what they want