cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, i preordered a 6S the other day on the 3gb tariff, with insurance at 12.50. I noticed for an extra 3 quid or so i can get the 20gb tariff with free insurance and then add the loss / theft for an extra fiver.

Been on to live chat this afternoon, apparently i cannot simply change the upgrade tariff i ordered, i need to cancel the order, wait 24 hour, and then order again! I dont want to do this because then i will get put to the back of the queue for preorders! Surely its simple to change the tariff i ordered, especially when the phone wont be dispatched for another week and a half?

Any help appreciated, thank you! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I chose the 30gb tariff and didn't reliase you could take the theft and loss for £5 I was trying to get through to live chat and was too busy. So I would need to cancel the pre order to select the add on ?
Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As it's only an insurance bolt on you should be able to add it within 28 days of starting your contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reply I will call later in week and add it on. Always worth having it with a expensive handset.
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I find it quite bizarre that you can't cancel or amend an order before its even in stock. What other major utilities company has such a crazy system in place where it can't be overridden by a human being?

Message 14 of 14