cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change my upgrade tariff, need to cancel and re order!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, i preordered a 6S the other day on the 3gb tariff, with insurance at 12.50. I noticed for an extra 3 quid or so i can get the 20gb tariff with free insurance and then add the loss / theft for an extra fiver.

Been on to live chat this afternoon, apparently i cannot simply change the upgrade tariff i ordered, i need to cancel the order, wait 24 hour, and then order again! I dont want to do this because then i will get put to the back of the queue for preorders! Surely its simple to change the tariff i ordered, especially when the phone wont be dispatched for another week and a half?

Any help appreciated, thank you! 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately for you, live chat have advised you correctly.
Crazy as it sounds, that is O2's policy, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, i preordered a 6S the other day on the 3gb tariff, with insurance at 12.50. I noticed for an extra 3 quid or so i can get the 20gb tariff with free insurance and then add the loss / theft for an extra fiver.

Been on to live chat this afternoon, apparently i cannot simply change the upgrade tariff i ordered, i need to cancel the order, wait 24 hour, and then order again! I dont want to do this because then i will get put to the back of the queue for preorders! Surely its simple to change the tariff i ordered, especially when the phone wont be dispatched for another week and a half?

Any help appreciated, thank you! 

Deleted by me @MI5 confirmed my suspicions 

Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately for you, live chat have advised you correctly.
Crazy as it sounds, that is O2's policy, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, cant believe it! Thought it was just the live chat not knowing what they are on about.

Seriously amazed at this, i will now be re credit checked again etc and probably wont get my phone for weeks after the 25th...

Is it worth ringing them up and complaining / seeing if they can do anything?

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can try the complaints link to see if it helps http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, cant believe it! Thought it was just the live chat not knowing what they are on about.

Seriously amazed at this, i will now be re credit checked again etc and probably wont get my phone for weeks after the 25th...

Is it worth ringing them up and complaining / seeing if they can do anything?

Why don't you just cancel it and order via CPW then you have a better chance of 25th delivery

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because i am upgrading from a 12 month sim only contract

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Why don't you just cancel it and order via CPW then you have a better chance of 25th delivery

jono won't get the tariff they want from CPW though, so how would that help?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah my bad, well sucks.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

jono won't get the tariff they want from CPW though, so how would that help?

Definitely wouldn't get what they want 

Message 10 of 14