cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use WiFi on underground

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, I can't used Wifi on the underground since 2 weeks ago. It keeps saying 'Sorry, we're having a few problems at the moment. We're working on it, so have another go later'. However, all my friends can use it, and I saw someone on the train can use it as well, they are using O2. 

I attached picture for your reference. of course, I have entered my phone number.

Could you help please?

Many thanks,

JessicaCapture.PNG

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Quite a few people have reported similar problems with LU wifi.
I suggest you call CS to report your issue so they can look into it for you as it may be something specific on your account causing problems.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for your help 

More info

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to let you all know, on several visits to London myself as a Virgin Pay Monthly customer could not connect, several resets and change of passwords by Virgin Mobile ALL to no avail. Virgin cant even get their own customers online let alone its wholesale access customers.

Pathetic.
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Never had the pleasure of trying to use their wifi on the underground. It beggars belief that customers on all networks seem to struggle getting this set up.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It does appear to be very hit and miss.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 3G backhaul on Virgin - Virgin Media is slow in comparison to a Orange/T-Mobile/EE 3G sim connection.

I know Virgin is a budget brand but its a very poor offering technically, LU and lets not forget the 1MB Virgin Wifi offering from V hubs was rolled out and then withdrawn lol

Apparently it will be back, too late everything to save me PACin off wink

http://about.virginmedia.com/about/wifi
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's an interesting link, thanks.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I see Virgin are launching a new WiFi service then. I wonder if this is the reason so many are having problems on the Underground...

*Virgin Media WiFi is a new initiative from Virgin Media to bring our customers great WiFi access when out and about. When we launch in 2016, a brand new app will be available to allow users to automatically connect to Virgin Media WiFi where available. Our customers will be able to connect in all sorts of places from high streets to airports, plus many more locations powered by our DOCSIS 3 technology*.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, it's all in the link but that public access to wifi is the same thing as BT do with their home hubs and isn't connected to the LU wifi service.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10