Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: Can't unlock iPhone 4

Thanks MI5. Although that makes sense, customer service refused point blank to do it. I've been using the phone on an O2 Simplicity sim for the best part of a year.....
Topics: 576
Solutions: 16,545

They have to allow the phone to be unlocked by law so I would try again and hope you get an adviser who knows what they are talking about Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

Sorry for the delay, work issues.

I spoke to a Guru via the online chat. They kindly aranged for my phone to be unlocked, after asking fo rme to prove my identity.

No email confirmation as yet, but they did say it could be 10 days.

Hopefully it will be soon

Cheers

DW

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,326

Anonymous

Thanks again MI5. The customer service agent did go away and speak with his 'supervisor' a couple of times..... I'll try again.
Anonymous

I'd like to thank MI5 for the advice.

iPhone 5 arrived this morning and is up and running - O2 switching me from the micro to the nano sim took about an hour.

My old iPhone 4 is unlocked sucessfully.  Got a replacement micro sim for that from the Three store and popped it into the phone - the swap was made after about 2 hours.

Me and daughter both happy!

Cheers,

Henry

Anonymous

Resubmitted the unlock form and got the same email response - 'sorry you have not passed our security check'...... Having a sense of humor failure!!!