Anonymous

Re: Can't unlock iPhone 4

@Anonymous wrote:

but how it can be unlocked, please write anybody how to do it

Call O2 and ask for it to be done over the phone. Smiley Happy

Anonymous

I had this problem.

My phone was not associated with the number that came with it.  That is because I ported my number over!

I rang them and they said it would take 10 days or so but I almost immediately got an email telling me it was unlocked.  I have tried a different sim and attched to iTunes but the phone will not become unlocked.  I assume O2 and/Apple have to do something?

Cheers,

Henry

Topics: 574
Solutions: 16,177

[ Edited ]
It doesn't matter if it is the number that came with the phone or not, you just have to have used the number on the phone currently on the O2 UK network so it registers and asssociates with the IMEI. What SIM did you try and unlock it with...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I tried a couple of old Vodaphone and Virgin sims.  I had to cut them down to fit.

I got "no Service" on both.

It was Sunday when I rang customer services and they did say up to 10 days.  I only tried because i got a text from O2 that indicated it had been unlocked.

EDIT - Added.

In fact I received an email from them ( I have been away and just noticed!).  It was sent just after my phone call with Customer Services.  Could it have been this quick?  He led me to beleive that Apple have to do something at their end for iTunes to pick up the unlocking.

** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE **

Hi,

Your iPhone unlatching request for IMEI XXXXXXXX  has been completed. To use a non-O2 Sim, place the Sim into the iPhone and connect to iTunes using a USB cable.  iTunes will confirm that the iPhone has been successfully unlocked.  If you have any further questions, please visit our online help page at http://www.o2.co.uk/unlockmyiphone

Thank you,

O2 Customer Service

The SIM you are using to unlock has to be an active SIM. If they are old SIMs that have been switched off you will get the "No Service" message....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

Thanks for your help - got it!

Silly me!  They were old.  I tried one that was given to me a month ago ( on a virtual network on the Orange network) and that has worked OK.

Now of course I have a different problem.  I am gving my phone to my daughter but her chip on the Three sim in her Blackberry is huge!  It cannot be cut down without cutting the chip!!

She will have to go and chat to Three about getting a micro sim and porting her number.

Level 44: Clearly Talented

It's never simple is it haha. Glad you've got it sorted nowSmiley Happy
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Hi. I bought an iPhone 4 locked to O2 about 10 months ago. A couple of days ago I applied to have it unlocked online (I'm a Simplicity customer) - got an email this morning saying that it couldn't be unlocked due to security issues. I called up customer support and was told that because I wasn't the original owner and therefore the IMEI number didn't match my mobile number, they wouldn't unlock it. Flat out refused. Help please.....

See my answer above Post #14

Currently using: