cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls from some numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can receive calls, but not from some numbers. My closest friend usually cannot ring me, though he can text me. Random numbers can also not ring me - inconvenient when it's a delivery driver with a notification or query. I've tried going in to an O2 shop with my friend: we were told it must be the his network. We then go into an EE shop, where we are told the problem must be with O2. Understandable that networks want to pass the buck, but not at all helpful. I just want to reliably receive calls. Is it O2? Is it my phone (an iPhone 4S)? Many thanks for any insights.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@DISGRUNTLEDSY

If it's a network issue, then download the app (if you haven't already)  and report it through there.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Otherwise you may wish to make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 44

VickiKL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same problem. People on the Vodafone net work can't ring me but they can text me and I can ring them back. Anyone else on any other network can ring me.

Message 33 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

It must be a network problem then. Hopefully O2 know about it and will respond by fixing it.

Message 34 of 44

mattp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

did you get this resolved - I have the same issue and O2 been round the houses twice and this is still not working. Now even trying to use PAC code generated by o2 doesn't work, so can't even leave the network...

Message 35 of 44

Lets-sort-it
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you get your problem solved? I have the same issue that some numbers can't call me. Some landlines and some mobile numbers. I checked the blocked numbers etc. but nothing. I don't even get a missed call message. I am told that when they ring my number there is a kind of long beep, similar to when the line is engaged and then the connecton breaks up. 

Message 36 of 44

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Are you using an iPhone with an eSim @Lets-sort-it?
If yes, try getting a new QR code to do an eSim swap to see if that fixes it..

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 37 of 44

Lets-sort-it
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply, no I don't use an IPhone, I have a Samsung Galaxy S5Mini. 

Message 38 of 44

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Are you in the same place each time? Wondering if there is no network or limited coverage when they call...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 39 of 44

Lets-sort-it
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I am in my house but I checked the Network and it says no problems.

Message 40 of 44