cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls from some numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can receive calls, but not from some numbers. My closest friend usually cannot ring me, though he can text me. Random numbers can also not ring me - inconvenient when it's a delivery driver with a notification or query. I've tried going in to an O2 shop with my friend: we were told it must be the his network. We then go into an EE shop, where we are told the problem must be with O2. Understandable that networks want to pass the buck, but not at all helpful. I just want to reliably receive calls. Is it O2? Is it my phone (an iPhone 4S)? Many thanks for any insights.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Ahh @adamtemp64 thought it might've been with a mention. Hmm, I've definitely seen this issue before though. Hopefully the op finds out with your guys help.
Message 11 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello adamtemp64. Yes, I've checked both those settings. 'My number' is correct and there are no blocked numbers. As I say, this problem isn't new, but as yet unsolved. And, numbers from whom I can't receive calls can successfully text me, so there is some communication possible. But it seems for my tariff I ought to be able to have full use of my phone. The person who rings me most often ought not to have to send a text asking me to ring him because he can't get through. 

Message 12 of 44

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous Have you ever ported your number to o2 from another network at any point in time?

Have you requested a new sim from o2 to see if that helps the issue ?

We are mainly customers here trying to help each other so the more info on trouble shooting already done it will help us help you.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Anonymous Have you ever ported your number to o2 from another network at any point in time?

Post #4 says no Adam.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 44

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Post #4 says no Adam.

Do you mean post 7 

But just checking and hope we can help the op 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 44

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I would certainly try a sim change first but after that, given the history, I would be looking at the phone which is why I suggested trying the sim in another phone.

Message 16 of 44

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Do you mean post 7 

Yes, sorry was on mobile.

I wasn't sure if you'd seen the response, that's all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 44

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous How are you getting on, did you manage to solve this in the end?

Message 18 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @adamtemp64 and sorry for long silence. Have had no time to devote to this recently. The number is not originally from O2, but I've been with O2 now for quite a long time and the problem never occurred with my old Nokia and it didn't occur at first with the iPhone. It just developed over the past couple of years. When I get a chance I will go to another O2 shop and request a different SIM. The shop I went to with the problem seemed not at all interested in solving it. 

Message 19 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you jonsie and sorry for long silence. Have had no time to devote to this recently. I will try your suggestion when I have a chance to go to an O2 shop. Many thanks for your efforts on my behalf. 

Message 20 of 44