cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls from some numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can receive calls, but not from some numbers. My closest friend usually cannot ring me, though he can text me. Random numbers can also not ring me - inconvenient when it's a delivery driver with a notification or query. I've tried going in to an O2 shop with my friend: we were told it must be the his network. We then go into an EE shop, where we are told the problem must be with O2. Understandable that networks want to pass the buck, but not at all helpful. I just want to reliably receive calls. Is it O2? Is it my phone (an iPhone 4S)? Many thanks for any insights.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Marjo Hello and sorry for long silence. No, the problem is not solved yet. I haven't had any time to pursue it. Many thanks again for keeping tabs on it. 

Message 21 of 44

Anonymous11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If an iphone check in do not disturb -  make sure all are switched off and a tick is at side of always.  Allow calls from - chose everyone.  Hope that helps.

Message 22 of 44

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous thanks for posting an update on the issue - let us know how it goes at the store and if they're able to help you out.

Message 23 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marjo and thanks. No one at the store was able to help. However, the problem did spontaneously solve itself one day - it must have had to do with an update by either the local O2 supply or the other supplier(s). I am not aware of my phone OS having updated in that period. Maddening that such a problem can occur and that solutions are impossible to identify. Until the next mysterious glitch, thanks for keeping tabs.

Message 24 of 44

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good to hear the problem got solved at least if not identified, hopefully it won't come back! slight_smile

Message 25 of 44

Pat08
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am having the same problem! I get calls without problems most of the time. Sometimes with only 3 bars it seems the caller hears one ‘beep’ like the European ring tone, then it cuts off - no option for voicemail, no missed call message! I can receive a call without issue one minute, then someone else tries and can’t get through! Has to text to ask me to call back! The phone hasn’t moved. I have no idea how many calls I have missed. Friends on O2 and Vodaphone seem to get through, possibly EE with problem but WHY?? I am not getting the service I am paying for!! Is there a solution - the thread seemed to finish on a software update, but I am up-to-date? Any help would be appreciated
Message 26 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

It might be an issue in your area @Pat08

You can check for any known network faults here http://status.o2.co.uk/ or report it to customer services if nothing is showing http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 44

Pat08
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, but I don’t think so - 4G is supposed to be ‘Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.’ ‘Sorry, we do not have 4G calling available in this area.’

Bear in mind I do receive calls, quite a lot of them! And I can make calls. And people can leave voicemail. Just some not getting through. Logic suggests it is something the incoming calls have in common - like their network isn’t happy with my O2?
Message 28 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You'll still need to call to report it so it can be investigated by the network team.
It may be a fault they aren't aware of, congestion or some specific issue with handover from another network.
Give customer services as much info around the problem that you can.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 44

DISGRUNTLEDSY
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brlliant, love the sign out!

Have tried all the following, reboot, clean Sim, switch on/off, eraze data, swap sims, use someone elses sim, basicaly every known thing to get this to work and now their telling me its an issue that their currently dealing with(17/09/18) and you have to send details to them so they can get a engineer to contact me?

Meanwhile im'e still paying for a non service!

Message 30 of 44