cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access FREE WIFI!! Stupid cloud message....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, not sure if this is the right place??

Im annoyed that I am unable to access the internet with my iPhone when I am in paces with free wifi from 'the cloud'

Before i used my o2 sim in my iPhone it was fine, now with o2 it always brings up the O2 cloud page asking me to enter my phone number before i continue, and then when i do it says i cannot access the internet because the wifi bundle is not on my plan!

but....the WIFI is free....why should i have to pay for a bundle so i can use free WIFI....how can i bypass this???

thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the place has free wi-fi then isn't there normally a link on the O2 phone number page to bypass it and go to the Cloud login, where you can get the free WiFi access as normally, that's always how I remembered it from when I had an original iPhone unlocked on another network.
Message 2 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Have you reset you WIFI send WIFI to 2121 and it will reset your wifi in an hour as your phone number will be associated to your old phones MAC address not that of the Iphone.

If not Ring O2
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you on an actual iPhone tariff? If you aren't then its not free. You would have to pay for the bolt-on. If you are on an iPhone tariff that includes the free wifi then ring O2 and report the fault.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
no, im on the simplicity and put it in an iPhone.

either way, i shouldnt have to have the bolt on!

its free WiFi in the place i am in, not O2 providing it to me by paying them.

Basically, what im saying is....when i had an Orange sim in, i could be in the same places and access internet fine, but since putting the O2 sim in, i always get the cloud page checking if i have the bolt-on....which i shouldnt have to because the place i am in is providing it for free!!

doesnt texting that 2121 cost me for the bolt-on?
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Cloud is not free WiFi, its subscription is included in the iPhone contract (or presumably the bolt on) because O2 and Cloud have done a deal for these phone packages, but otherwise you have to subscribe to it for a monthly fee.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some organisations have done a deal with The Cloud to provide free WiFi over the Cloud's network at their location, e.g. McDonalds, Wetherspoon and Pret a Manger.

If you log on in one of these hotspots then you should be able to bypass the phone number page to get to a Cloud login page and then you need to follow directions to get online for free (for example at McDonalds there is a button saying "Click here for free WiFi" and in Wetherspoons you have to log on with u:sponsored p:service)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

its free WiFi in the place i am in, not O2 providing it to me by paying them.

Where are you?
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I only ever got the Clouds registration page the very first time I used Clouds, now it just connects.

If I turn on my WIFI and there is FREE access due to the router not being locked with a key, then I just tap connect and I can use that access point.

What is the access point / location you are trying to connect to,ie work or home? As you would only get the Clouds registration page on trying to access Clouds :robotindifferent:
Message 9 of 9