cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can O2 unlock an ex-Orange contract iPhone 4?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am now a new (and very happy) O2 customer.

Can O2 unlock an iPhone 4 that is currently locked to Orange? It's an ex-contract phone (which I'm sure they could verify with Orange). My wife wants to use it but she has been an O2 customer for ages and does not want to switch (understandable too).

I don't mind paying for it. In fact, I have already paid Orange for this service.... in October!! Truly terrible service by Orange, I have complained 5 times and sent and email to the CEO, no reply, sigh...

Hopefully O2 can help? Afterall, it's in their best interest right?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Only the network the handset it is locked to can unlock it.

If you paid orange and they have not unlocked it follow there complaints procedure then take them to the www.arbitrators.org/cisas  who will handle the complaint or seek legal advise if you paid for the unlock service.

follow orange complaints in the pdf on this page

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/contacting_us?link=footer_contact_us bottom right

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Only the network the handset it is locked to can unlock it.

If you paid orange and they have not unlocked it follow there complaints procedure then take them to the www.arbitrators.org/cisas  who will handle the complaint or seek legal advise if you paid for the unlock service.

follow orange complaints in the pdf on this page

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/contacting_us?link=footer_contact_us bottom right

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for a quick response, I suspected as much.
Message 3 of 4

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just do not let them get away with it.

You can also warn orange that you will reclaim the money through the small calims court if not done within an agreed time scale, and that it will cost orange as long as you have all the payment proof etc (and add the allowed costs) money claim online has all the info.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 4 of 4