cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling All iPhone 5s/5c owners. I need your help !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling for help off all you iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c owners.

I really need your help in my dilemma at being near my time to upgrade to the next iPhone.

My History :

I have used various iPhones and my current handset is the iPhone 5 16gb Black-Slate, which I've been using for nearly a year on the o2 Network, and now am very interested in upgrading to one of the new iPhones.

What I'm asking from all you early adopters of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, is to please give me an honest, real life user review of how you are finding your new iPhone.

Your Reviews on ;

• What is the battery life like for you, and how does it handle iOS7.
  • Is the iPhone 5s really snappier than the iPhone 5 ,with its new a7 chip.
  • How does the iPhone 5c handle. is it sturdy with the plastic shell.
  • Is the Camera and its functions better.
  • In true life what is the Touch ID like. Is it hit and miss or accurate.
  • What is 4G like on the new iPhone.
  • What colour and capacity did you opt for and why.
  • What handset did you upgrade from and how does your new handset compare.

As I'm going to be using the iPhone on the o2 Network I need you guys and gals to tell me how it really is.

Really looking forward to your frank and honest reviews.

Thank you in advance.

Lee.

iphone 5s:5c.jpeg

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You've no idea what you're missing wink

I'll take your word for it....    tongue

Message 11 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

I take it you are getting a full days use with the iphone 5s ? Do you consider yourself to be a low > medium > high user ?

I did see some info about Apple asking developers to submit their Apps optimised for iOS7. Lets hope they start rolling out at a pace ! I was hoping with the a7 chip the iPhone 5s had a noticeable faster user experience. I'm liking the idea of the better camera apps and the slow-mo you mention. Is it really good ?

Like you I thought the touch i.d was a gimmick and would soon be something that would be simply turned off and the swipe to unlock used instead. I like the idea of being able to do more with the touch i.d such as buying apps etc. The accuracy sounds really good.

I assume the new gold version didn't interest you as this seems to be the must have version, although like you I will most likely opting for the space grey {possibly :smileywink:}

It seems that from the recent phones you have owned the iPhone 5s is coming out on tips !

Are you enjoying the new 4G speeds ? No regrets at all ?

I am a heavy user for sure, so if I can get a full day out of a phone its good going....the 5S ticks that box.

It's the same with each major OS overhaul (full version shift, 1>2>3>4>5 etc..) , it takes a few months for it to really start shining.  Confident it will get better, not to say it is bad at the minute.  Devs will start to really take it forward, that is certain.  The slow-mo feature is really good - I had it on my HTC One, but the quality was RUBBISH so I never used it.  The fact it only drops from 1080p to 720p for slow mo on the 5S is a really nice touch.  For that reason, it makes it very good.  Definitely enjoyable!  There are a lot of example son YouTube, to give you an idesa of what people are doing with it.  They even filmed a whole fashion show with the 5S camera before launch (Burbery maybe?) amazing!

Regarding the touch id - it really is good.  I used to hate swiping to unlock, then typing a passcode and even more so typing in my password for new apps, no longer needed slight_smile  I can see it really taking off as well!  People are obviously trying to make it fail ( they just get jealous!) but it won't - Apple are too strong.

The gold one was never on my radar, I was either going for the white or grey - would have either, but I do prefer the space grey - its just nicer imo! 

What happens with me is I love to try new hardware so usually buy them sim free, see if it is good enough and if not just sell it on.  This time I was ready for a new contract so took the Xperia Z1 with O2.  It's just not for me, even if I was to stay with Android I wouldn't stay with that device.  It would be the HTC One, as imo nothing (on Android) beats it still, amazing device.

I do however usually end up back with the iPhone.  They are just so far ahead in terms of stability, slickness and usability.  Apps are better as well.  Android is amazing, just too fragmented, so the OS still suffers from lag and instabiliuty as there are just too many hardware combos for it to run on (Same thing happens between Windows and OSX...Windows has mass amounts of hardware so can be unstable...OSX not so much).

Get the 5S, you will love it slight_smile

Message 12 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
You've no idea what you're missing wink

I'll take your word for it....    tongue

I can assure you, you are on the right platform wink

Message 13 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry realised I forgot to answer the 4G part!

4G is AMAZING.  It is the direction we just had to go.  A lot of people try and **bleep** it off (they haven't used it!) saying it's no faster than what we have now wih DC-HSDPA etc...but...IT IS!

Only used it briefly on O2 (in London) as it isn't up here yet where I live - so my main experience of 4G is with EE.  So all I can say to O2 customers waiting for O2 is...you will love it!

Message 14 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1980b

Thank you for the update to your review.

So 4G is "amazing"

Have you tried mobile gaming on the 4G Service yet.

o2's 4G service is definitely the way I want to go. So the iPhone 5s handles it well then !

Message 15 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

Thank you for the update to your review.

So 4G is "amazing"

Have you tried mobile gaming on the 4G Service yet.

o2's 4G service is definitely the way I want to go. So the iPhone 5s handles it well then !

It sure is.

I have speeds of 55-65mbit down and 30-50mbit up here at times!  When on 4G (even with 1 bar!) never drops below about 25/12 - and the pings are also very low compared to non-4g.

So for mobile gaming, it will be so much better - not a gamer really though so can't comment too much on that!  The low pings suggest it will be naturally better however.

Message 16 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be buying the new iphone as sim free from Apple and then when o2 release 4G on payg I will update to that. Where I live 4G is already rolled out.

So exciting times head ?

Message 17 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

So......... I'm hearing o2's 4G on the new iPhone is "awesome"

Anyone on o2's 4G Service using it for mobile gaming ?

Infinity Blade III looks promising.

Message 18 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm liking my iphone 5s although I haven't had much time to play with it yet!
I haven't noticed if to be any faster than my old iphone 5 but the camera is slightly better. Haven't tried the video slow mo yet.
The finger senser..... Think I need to reset that as it's not working everytime.
But it's deffo a step up from a 5
Message 19 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lorr1224

Thank you for your comments.  slight_smile

You may need to re scan using all the edges of your finger.

After using your son's are you tempted to ugrade from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 5s ?

Is it in your opinion a worthy upgrade, ie what more would the iPhone 5s bring to the table for you ?

Message 20 of 98