Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying used

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I hope someone can answer a quick question for me:

If I buy a used iPhone 6 that is locked to o2, would I have any problem using my o2 sim with it?

I'm on a cheap roling contract with o2 and want to buy a used phone without changing my contract.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to say  that ,Smiley Mado2  customer care is the pitts ,got a email back just now regarding the form for unlocking/unblocking this sodding iphone ,they say i have not passed their security  crap,i have just done the form again ,and sent them a nice email in the hope that some one may just get their act together and get this sorted ,otherwise i will be looking elsewhere for a provider .Smiley Mad

Message 21 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You could try calling them or using online chat. Some people get the phone unlocked that way rather than using the form.

Message 22 of 31

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
The security checks are there for your own protection. The most common issues with the check are an incorrect password or incomplete tariff details.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there thanks , .

No  ,,they are on about a password that one is supposed to use for customer service ,which they have never given me ,they also want how much usage i have had,how much credit thats left on it ,which is zero  ,i am not able to use it as a phone due to that , i cant top it up in any way ,i have been a very good customer of o2 for many years ,as  is most of my family,but when it comes to customer service giving any help ,it is surely lacking .

Thanks anyway..

Ray.

Message 24 of 31

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
OK so you set the password, not o2 and it should be in your My O2 under "My Details" (you can also change it in there if you wish) https://accounts.o2.co.uk/manage
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 25 of 31

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

With a sim from o2 P&G you need £15 credit to pay for the unlock. Are you saying they have already taken payment?

Message 26 of 31

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
If you can't pass the password check they will usually do some additional checks such as the last time you did top up, or a number you frequently call, etc. There are other ways than the password to pass the security check.

You have to put yourself in customer services position, if someone rings up claiming to be person X on number X but can't pass any of the security details they can see then would you believe that that is the person they say they are???
Message 27 of 31

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

The phone is new to the customer and there should be no problem with security if he has only just put a sim in it to get it unlocked. He says there is no credit on the phone....why?

He needs to call customer service. 

Message 28 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now  sorted with a new simcard ,thanks for all the info guy`s .

Ray.

Message 29 of 31

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions