Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Buying an iPhone from O2 Store..

Hello,
This is my first-post, to hello!

-- I'm buying an iPhone in two-weeks, and just wondering... Do I go into the O2 shop. Ask for an iPhone, then they just give me one, when I've paid? Or do I have to sign any contract details in the store..? Also, I've read that you can't pay with cash anymore for Apple Products.. Does this also apply for the iPhone if I'm buying it from an O2 Store? If so.. Can I buy two iPhones on the same day, from one Debit Card?
Thanks everyone,
K.
Anonymous

O2 is the best place to by your iphone from other than apple direct, if you buy it from carphone warehouses you are not able to purchase all the bolt on's on the o2 network.

When you purchase your iphone at the o2 store, its a simple ask for it they give it to you but you can only pay by credit card. No contract is completed instore the only thing they may try and do is sell you insurance.

Once you get home you will need to connect your iphone to itunes,( if you already have an apple ID that will be required at some point) and then complete a short form to complete the registration online. Your new mobile number will pop up on screen you can also bring your old mobile number if you want using a code given by your old mobile company. Activation takes between 2-24 hours.

You will be billed your first months line rental the following day, and bills are online only.

Hope this helps
Anonymous

Be aware there are rumours that the price of iphones is about to drop! This week even.

Check Ebay some Power Sellers will accept cash or alternative methods of payment. By paying with a credit card you are leaving a trail.

Call the apple store in London and see if you can pay cash.

Consider a non status pre paid CC. Easy to get.
Anonymous

yes in some places the cost of the iphone has dropped and speculation is that in late May or June apple will launch a new iphone maybe 3g. In europe some coutries have put the price of the handset down but the contract was amended, Whilst o2 isnt the cheapest network in the UK other countries that have the iphone have a more demanding contract.

If you look at buying off ebay, check that the iphone has not had any software alterations as this COULD make your iphone turn into a brick.

As for paying by credit card and leaving a trail.... hmmm even if apple or o2 dont admit to it they can trace the imei or handset serial number anyway, also when you plug into itunes it takes the applewireless number and mac code off the item. For example if you put your iphone simcard into another phone and try and use the cloud for free it knows that its not the iphone.

So yes the cost of the iphone may drop, no one knows when or by how much. Apple have a press launch booked in for Mid June this could be just to push the 3rd party apps for the iphone but logic would say this would be the best time to launch a new iphone....

Keep an eye on a few websites

Appleinsider and Mac rumors
Anonymous

I stand corrected....

It seems that O2 will reduce the price of the 8gb handset on Wednesday ahead of the launch of the new handset in May. I would check that no contract details have been changed as they did in Germany.

It seems you could save £100 or wait for the new handset
Anonymous

What about people who have just brought one? any moeny back or are they just gonna have to suck it up?
Anonymous

As a loyal apple fan, I have to say its the one thing that gets my goat.....

At a guess I think it will be tuff luck, and I doubt they will have any upgrade discount to the 3g version when it comes out. I have this all the time with my apple laptops.... Saying that apple are despo to get a big chunk of the mobile market so who knows.....
Anonymous

Just went into an O2 store today and £169 and 2 minutes later walked out with my new 8gb iPhone.

Next stop Ziphone.org to unlock it free of charge to all networks.

Of course some people may consider buying 10, unlocking them and selling them on Ebay, if your quick you could make a tidy profit!
Highlighted
Anonymous

wow