Did you mean: 

Buying an Apple Watch

TWHBHA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi!

I have an iPhone 7 supplied by my work but I want to buy an Apple Watch. When I go to checkout on the o2 website it says I need a pay monthly account to connect my watch to.

I have a personal pay monthly account for my iPad but not for a phone.

Is there any way I can get round this? Like buying a sim only plan as well?

Also if I were to do this would I be able to connect an iPhone on a business plan to a personal Apple Watch?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TWHBHA Apple watch isn't compatible with a business tariff I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TWHBHA Apple watch isn't compatible with a business tariff I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm not an Apple person, but I find it incredibly unimaginative, and a total lack of business sense for O2 not to have the Apple Watch compatible for business tariffs. What could the reason, other than utter stupidity be?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @TWHBHA@MI5 and @Bambino slight_smile 

Apple Watch Cellular isn't available to our Business customers at this time, as the eSim technology and Watch device companion capability isn't currently compatible with our Business platforms.

If or when anything changes, of course, we'll let our business customers know - and if you have any other questions @TWHBHA, please give us a shout!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As we said wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
As we said wink

Just adding a bit more info on the why, but yes you guys had already answered the main question thumbsup smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6