cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken iPhone with insurance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I just wanted to get someone's opinion on my situation. Basically I've had my iPhone 4S contact just over a year now and I've had iPhone insurance with O2 since I brought the contract. Yesterday I was crossing the road, my phone fell out my pocket and I didn't have time to pick it up and it got run over, very unfortunate, really wasn't my day 😞 the phone was completely destroyed, I picked up what I could, it was all in pieces. I managed to get the sim out and that is fine and working so now I'm using my business work phone with the sim. The phone was so smashed up and ruined that I threw it away. Since I've had insurance from the beginning I'd like to know if it's worth claiming and getting a new one, I've been told its about £60 but I have nothing to send back since I threw the phone in the bin, is this a problem, will I be able to claim now? What should I do? Thanks for all help given!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If a phone is accidentally damaged they usually want to inspect it so you wouldn't be able to clai for that. Now if the phone was lost......

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If a phone is accidentally damaged they usually want to inspect it so you wouldn't be able to clai for that. Now if the phone was lost......

Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Moving the sim to another phone creates a problem as it must not be used until the claim is reported.

You have missed out on your expensive insurance here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If you only threw it away yesterday it's time to get bin diving. You need to send them the phone back.

To be honest if its a complete write off they may not even replace it if you cannot provide all the handset anyway.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

wink

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the insurance world your word is not good enough.

Fact , evidence and paper trail is what their interested in.

Too many dodgy claims !
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Which part of chucking it in the bin did you think was the right thing to do?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Should have at least been put in the original box and given a decent burial!

Message 8 of 8