cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new phone IPHONE 6 and still not connected after 4 days on a Buisness Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a new iphone six plus on staurday and iam still awaiting for the service to be connected ,i have been back to the welwyn store 4 times and i was promised after 5 days that it would be connected tonight i received a call from 02 to say that it had finally been connected when i tried later on that evening to make a call it dint work and had no service i went onto the chat and spoke to adrian he advised me that he would need to activate it and it would take a further 48 hours that would mean i would have been with out my telephone for nearly a week ,i wish i had gone to a further air time provoder but i was loyal and came back to o2 with another contract  signed i now ask my self why as Adrian ended the chat leaving me hanging and with no answers ? 02  needs to sort out there infostructure other wise it will be a futher company in the hands of the liquidators !

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you ported your number in? I see no other reason as to why you aren't connected after this length of time but even so, porting is usually done within 48 hours.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

If you have ported to O2 from another Network then it may also be beneficial to speak to your previous Networks Customer service too.

Try turning Airplane a mode On and Off or Turn the phone off and on to help re connection.

Where did you purchase the iPhone 6 Plus from ? I ask just incase if it was privately that the phone hasn't been imei blocked.

What iOS is the iPhone on ? I ask as iOS 8.0.1 caused a 'No Service' issue. Please make sure it's on iOS 8.1

Try Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Can you try the SIM card in another phone as a process of elimination.

I note you last spoke to chat. While they are ok for low level general enquiries ,I would suggest speaking to O2 UK Customer Services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus via telephone to chase this up.

If this has been o2's fault then you can ask for a Goodwill Gesture to cover the lost days usage by either again speaking to Customer Services or by filling in the official complaints form here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

I hope you gain service soon and look forward to hopefully a positive next update.

Take care.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
From your first post it would appear that nothing will work until O2 press the correct button to connect you... 😞
Keep onto CS and the store to help you out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4