Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Bought second hand iPhone

I recently acquired an iPhone 7 Plus from a second hand owner but discovered it was locked and I can’t put my sim into the device and am currently tied into a very good deal with Plusnet and the seller isn’t co operating in helping to unlock the device is and as well as this if you go to an unlocking shop and get the device unlocked it is short lived and can revert at any moment. Is here any way to get my device unlocked without using the seller or a cheap unlocking store???
Topics: 522
Solutions: 10,718

Re: Bought second hand iPhone

@Jxck 

How to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Re: Bought second hand iPhone

Hi @Jxck, the guide above should help you get your phone unlocked, but if you have any other questions do give us a shout Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forum!

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 24-30 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature