Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday iPad Deal

I_Want_My_iPad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone yet recieved an iPad Pro 12.9 inch that was bought as part of the black friday deals??? Delivery stated within 4 weeks, it's now 5 weeks later and still no word on when it will be delivered. I have already spoken with customer services and they are no help at all!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Loads of customers still waiting

Apple can't provide networks with enough devices

All you can do is keep calling customer service

It's been posted by another member that O2 will be getting more stock on the 14thJanuary. That hasn't been confirmed

you need to call O2.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

Message 2 of 10

I_Want_My_iPad
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks although I've called o2 on numerous occasions, emailed and used chat, was promised in one chat it would be delivered within the 4 week window now won't even give an estimate.

Still if anyone who actually ordered on the black friday deals has actually received theirs let me know but i doubt it looks like o2 knowing processed orders with incorrect time scales to prop up thier end of quarter numbers!!!

Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@I_Want_My_iPad O2 doesn't operate a live stock reporting system, so if you couple that with the time of year you placed your order, and the pandemic, that's a recipe for not getting your device delivered on time. The online chat facility had been very hit and miss even before the pandemic, but it's very sporadic and unreliable these days. As far as your emails go, I don't know where you've been sending them as O2 hasn't used email as a way to contact them for several years. I am in no way defending how your issue has been handled. Your device will arrive eventually, and O2 should have been more forthcoming about availability, but part of the responsibility must also rest with Apple and their ability to supply vendors with phones and iPads. Your situation is not unique. Cold comfort, I know, but that's the reality of it. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

I_Want_My_iPad
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2 still use email via thier complaints channel which has also been of no use. I do also understand that Apple have a responsibility to supply products to o2 but o2 need to be more transparent. Apple are not allowing orders for out of stock products so not creating backlog queues whereas o2 are still accepting orders to this day. After reading other threads I also have no cofidence that the backlog queue will be worked through in a first come first served oreder as there are plenty of instances of people ordering later and receiving products first evne on the same variant.

I know it won't speed up the process and it's just a waiting game but I have emailed the CEO for an explanation to why he is happy for the company to blatantly lie to customers.

Message 5 of 10

I_Want_My_iPad
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a quick one after emails with the CEO team apparently stock is due next week but I won't hold my breath!!

Message 6 of 10

I_Want_My_iPad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Further update today is that there’s only 220 maximum due in late this week early next week no mention of variant etc so I’d say it’ll be months rather than weeks before people get a product they ordered in good faith!
Message 7 of 10

trying_to_wait
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the update, wont hold my breath that we will be included in this first batch!

Message 8 of 10

I_Want_My_iPad
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My order has now been processed and is on it's way variant is iPad Pro 12.9 2020 Space Grey 128gb was ordered on 25th November

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions