Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBM for iPhone

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

If you have BBM on your iPhone, do you ever find that you get a lot of random notifications (a few per day) saying '<name> wants to invite you to use BBM' or '<name> has send you a message>'  or '<name> has sent you a broadcast message' and then when you open the app there is nothing there?

When I had BBM on my Blackberry I didn't have this problem.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope.

Nothing like that on mine.
Message 2 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

If you have BBM on your iPhone, do you ever find that you get a lot of random notifications (a few per day) saying '<name> wants to invite you to use BBM' or '<name> has send you a message>'  or '<name> has sent you a broadcast message' and then when you open the app there is nothing there?

When I had BBM on my Blackberry I didn't have this problem.

Have you tried re-installing it Gem?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Have you tried re-installing it Gem?

Yes and it's still the same - I got 8 notifications in the space of an hour earlier this morning and when I opened the app there was nothing there.

Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149078 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions
Not had that issue, but, after I set up my BBM after a factory reset it gave me a different PIN, however, it appears my original PIN still works although the app now shows a different one....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

When I got my phone replaced by Apple a few weeks ago (I have always had this issue with the app even before the phone was replaced) the BBM app got reinstalled then and I had the same pin as it linked to my email address.  I have since deleted and reinstalled the app and I still get the random notifications.

Message 6 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I deleted the app and reinstalled it again and I have 11 notifications and nothing showing in the app when I open it.

It's nothing major - it's just a little annoying.

Crazy

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 149078 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions
You must be popular slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I wish!!  Dance

It's just confusing as I don't know if it is real notifications that the app isn't receiving, or if it is a problem with the bbm network sending incorrect notifications to the wrong people.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 149078 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions
It might be just your contacts changing their picture or someone commenting on a picture in a group chat or something like that. Not all notifications are for actual chats, I've found.
Message 10 of 13