cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACKING UP iPhone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my iphone 6 for three months and have been backing it up connected to iTunes I believed to be sufficient.  Now I get regular messages telling me I should back up the cell to iCloud connected to the Mac when switched off.

Do I really need to do this?  One thing connected to this is my understanding I pay for what I save on iCloud and would wish to avoid this if possible.

Thank you in anticpation of anybody is able to answer this.

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Back up as you normally do. You only pay on iCloud for extra storage after you have run out of the initial 5GB

Try a reset & that should clear it

Settings, general, reset network settings 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Back up as you normally do. You only pay on iCloud for extra storage after you have run out of the initial 5GB

Try a reset & that should clear it

Settings, general, reset network settings 

Message 2 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you have used all your free icloud storage you will either have to pay 79p a month for 50gb or back up to your mac/pc.
5gb free is pretty useless as it very quickly fills up esp if you back up your apps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
If you have used all your free icloud storage you will either have to pay 79p a month for 50gb or back up to your mac/pc.
5gb free is pretty useless as it very quickly fills up esp if you back up your apps.

I never used it on my old iPhones &'it was useless back then

Message 4 of 20

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Money making scheme I guess as 5gb is useless to even the smallest capacity iPhone.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

A money making scheme that doesn't make money as I haven't heard of it being successful 

Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I would guess a lot of people would pay 79p a month for the 50gb package though.....?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could be right there but then what's the point of backing up to iTunes on the PC then if they want you to use iCloud 

Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Nothing other than an extra backup and I guess iCloud is more convenient that actually plugging into iTunes everyday?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I have never seen this message on any of my iphones (had a few)

I only use the free 5gb storage for a few minor things and use other services to store photos etc.

I only backup to my pc itunes when phone is connected(daily) so cannot understand why you are seeing this prompt.

Just check in settings> Icloud  to see what you have enabled

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 20