Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch

Gemma21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an Apple Watch which is non cellular linked to my iPhone and I just bought my daughter an Apple Watch which is cellular both watches were bought from Apple. I have linked my daughters watch to my phone but when I try to set up data on the plan i am unable to do this and it has this message below the option ‘The O2 account on this iPhone cannot be used to add a data plan to “Emily’s Apple Watch“.
For more information about Apple Watch data plans visit https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular.’

I have a sim only 12 month contract with 02. Can someone help with this please I am

getting nowhere on the live chat and waiting on hold for an hour before hanging up when trying to talk to someone about it. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Gemma21 

You can only have one Apple Watch linked to your iPhone at a time, you cant have one Non Cellular and One Cellular.

The apple watch will be linked to your phone number for all texts and calls, so your daughter will get all your texts and phone calls. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Gemma21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A784F224-1504-4F95-9435-72E55BE5E9CC.png

Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Gemma21 

You can only have one Apple Watch linked to your iPhone at a time, you cant have one Non Cellular and One Cellular.

The apple watch will be linked to your phone number for all texts and calls, so your daughter will get all your texts and phone calls. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Gemma21
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

C1426CCE-736F-4623-8689-1DF611AA7E1D.png

just looked into this a bit further and looks like 02 don’t support the family set up and only EE do in the uk 😞. Would it work if I bought another 02 sim and put this into my iPhone would it then allow me to click the set up data and add that one to my daughters watch? 

Message 4 of 6

Gemma21
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Or will I need to buy an iPhone and get a plan with a supporting network provider then and link the watch the this iPhone. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gemma21 

You will need a separate iPhone with an O2 monthly sim to set up the cellular functions.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6