Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch

Nikki82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm looking to get a apple watch for my daughters birthday. But her current monthly bill isn't paid by me and isn't in my name, so obviously when it comes to assigning a number to the watch I cant select her number. Is there any way to get around this, mabye doing it over the phone or something?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Nikki82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any advice would be appreciated
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Nikki82 I'm not 100% certain about this, as I don't own any kind of smart watch, but I would think that the watch can just be paired to the phone, and the number doesn't matter, just like you'd pair a phone to a wireless headset or a car. You could ask Apple support https://support.apple.com/en-gb or perhaps one of our other members who owns an iPhone can give you a more definitive answer. @MI5?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Nikki82 

You'd be better off buying the watch elsewhere, Apple, Amazon etc.

Your daughter can then choose if she wants a data plan for it from O2 or just use it connected via bluetooth without the cellular functions.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4