Did you mean: 

Apple watch series 5 no longer connects to O2 data plan

Ohrobo79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me here slight_smile I have an Apple watch series 5, celluar. I have the O2 £5 per month data package for the Apple watch which is paired to an Iphone 11 pro. The watch previously worked fine on the O2 network when not connected to the phone or wifi, but for some reason it has stopped working - its won't connect and just displays as being disconnected when away from the phone.

I have tried the followong already:

Restart Apple watch

Remove O2 data plan and the reinstall

Reset netwrks settings through the phone

I noticed also that on the Appl watch settings >about >Network it says 'watch not allowed'

any ideas or advice as to how I can get connected again? I use rely on my watch when out horse riding as my only device to make calls etc if something goes wrong so its super frustrating....

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ohrobo79 

Have you changed anything on your account to cause this?

However, I think the only way is to call O2 to check your account.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Ohrobo79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have called twice now and they are unable to help so far, nothing changed on my account...

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Thomaso1 

Not sure if you can help with this but CS don't appear to be able to figure it out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Thomaso1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @MI5  Im sure I can take a look into that for you @Ohrobo79. We may need to take a look at your O2 account, I will PM you to look into this further. 

signature
Message 5 of 6

Ohrobo79
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

amazing! thank you :)|

Message 6 of 6