Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch pairing.

TroubledWarrior
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just bought an Apple Watch S6 on 02 linked to my mobile and with its own data plan. 
I already have a S5 linked to my mobile with its own data plan. Plan was to keep the S6 and set up the S5 for my elderly father. 
S6 set up from back up, S5 (for dad) set up as new family member. 
now the S5 has a data plan but when I’ve set it up it’s saying I can’t connect it to a network connection, on the watch under data it says ‘not in use 02’ and I get the message “The O2 account on this iPhone cannot be used to add a data plan to “******* Apple Watch” but it has its own data plan.

when I log into my 02 my mobile is there with ‘2 associated devices’ under it showing both watches and their data plan. 
what am I doing wrong? 

can anyone help, as the whole point of doing this was so I could care for him better if he went out etc beyond using the home WiFi I can’t see where he is etc. Also means I’m paying for a data plan I can’t use. 

any help greatly appreciated 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Sounds like something @O2Lisa could help with in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

TroubledWarrior
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply. Just reset it and set it up as my own and it’s allowed me to use the mobile data but not when I set it up as a family member. It needs sorting so hoping @02Lisa can help as it’s still not working. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

She'll message you in the morning mate.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @MI5.

I'll message you privately @TroubledWarrior and look in to this for you😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

TroubledWarrior
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you. 

Message 6 of 6