cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple launches web tool to deregister phone number to fix iMessage bug

Anonymous
Not applicable

Title : Apple launches web tool to deregister phone number to fix iMessage bug.

Excerpt from the Link : "Apple has finally provided a fix for the iMessage issue that was affecting users who switched from an iPhone to other mobile platforms."

DeRegister iMessage Link.

My thoughts :

A handy tool which I wanted to share for anyone who may experience this issue after moving from an Apple phone to another manufacturers. 

Source : iphonehacks. 

Read more : Apple launches web tool to deregister phone number to fix iMessage bug

image.jpg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Was just coming to post the same thing.

It's certainly long overdue. This should solve a lot of problems!

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very long overdue @davethorp

How or why Apple took so long is beyond me.

Their was a workaround put together a while ago, but at least now theirs a direct route.

Sometimes people do want to move away from using an iPhone 😉
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is great because you have to currently phone through to Apple support which is I think American call centres I mean it is helpful don't get me wrong but the wait times etc can be annoying
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely correct @Anonymous I agree
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
In all honestly they do have one of the best customer service though. You can request calls at specific times and they stick to that. They also stay with you till everything is resolved and they are so friendly and know how to laugh (that's the main thing) they take their jobs very seriously unlike well some companies I can think of wink
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
He he! Wonder who you're thinking of!

A lot of companies can take a lesson on their customer service
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
In all honestly they do have one of the best customer service though. You can request calls at specific times and they stick to that. They also stay with you till everything is resolved and they are so friendly and know how to laugh (that's the main thing) they take their jobs very seriously unlike well some companies I can think of wink

They do and invest heavily in good customer service and support. 

One does pay a premium for their products after all. 

Ive been on chat conversation with Apple before and they , with my permission, took control over my MBA to navigate me to the info I was seeking. 😄

The previous method is as indicated here http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/05/14/how-to-remove-a-phone-number-from-imessage/ from idownloadblog. 

Message 8 of 8