cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple has announced they will replace the iSight camera on iPhone 6 plus users for free

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple has assured iPhone 6 Plus users that if it will replace the iSight camera for free if the serial number of their phone matches with the batch that may contain a defective component causing photos to appear blurry.

The recall spans phones sold between September 2014 and January 2015.

Enter your serial number on Apple's website here to see if your phone is eligible for the replacement. However, please note the special details regarding the "replacement process."

According to Apple, "Wireless carrier partners are not participating in this program."

Apple further notes that "if your iPhone 6 Plus has any damage such as a cracked screen which impairs the camera replacement, that issue will need to be resolved prior to service. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the repair."

Source: http://www.scrippsmedia.com/kgun9/now-trending/Apple-to-replace-iSight-camera-on-iPhone-6-Plus-for-f...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the info @Anonymous and the links. Should be helpful to those affected..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually found it via a social network...I don't have an Apple iPhone so im safe grin

https://www.facebook.com/topic/iPhone-6-Plus/221679124527567?source=whfrt&position=1&trqid=618655517...
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I actually found it via a social network...I don't have an Apple iPhone so im safe grin

Nor me Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I had a 6 Plus with this exact issue, which I noticed a few months back (prior to this being announced). I couldn't work out why almost all of the photos I was taking were coming out blurry. I spoke with an advisor online and sent through a diagnostic report, and they replaced the phone for me straight away. So it's not as if Apple didn't already know about this!

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

With my luck this would have been a problem for me if I had taken leave of my senses!

Good info for iPhone users though so thank you slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing this @SteveQuinn
Really helpful for iPhone users, mine is working well slight_smile
Message 7 of 7