Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

JJfaley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Could I buy a cellular Apple Watch SE or 6 from Apple and get it connected to my o2 pay monthly sim plan.
I was told by a o2 colleague in store this won’t not be possible and would need to buy the watch from o2 for the cellular feature to work properly as o2 can’t provide Esims for Apple Watches.

Does any know if it is possible
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Yes you can buy an Apple Watch from Apple and connect it to your O2 plan. Assuming you have an iPhone and are on the iData bolt on, when you open the Apple Watch app it should prompt you to join O2 and add it on to your existing plan (currently its an extra £5 per month)

Message 2 of 5

JJfaley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for that.
Yes I have a iPhone, how would I check if i am on a i data bolt on
So with the additional £5 a month charge I could use my monthly sims data, mins and texts via my watch without having to have my iPhone in close proximity.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144158 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@JJfaley 

Yes, you just follow the setup routine from the watch app on your iPhone.

In the mobile data section, just login with your O2 account details and confirm you want to add the data plan.

If you have visual voicemail working on your iPhone it confirms that you have the iData bolt on, if not, customer service can add it for you Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@JJfaley to confirm you can use your monthly SIMs data minutes and texts on your watch without your phone nearby, but be aware that only calls, data and iMessages will work if your phone is switched off.

Normal SMS messages rely on your phone to be on (even if not with you) for them to be received on your watch
Message 5 of 5