Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

Mark2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Does anybody know if and when o2 will be able to launch Apple Watch GPS on their platform. I’m fed fed up with my EE friends going on about how good it is .............

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

This Q&A from our Megathread is still current, and nothing has changed here yet we're afraid.

Q. Will you be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4?

A. O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers

@MI5 wrote:

@Mark2 there has not been anything official from O2 except the blanket statement that they will continue to evaluate the viability of the product, however, there are rumours flying around that the end of January is a possibility.

Just to avoid any disappointment when the end of January arrives and there's no update, this isn't going to happen. We have no further info we can share on this I'm afraid, other than if or when we have any news to share, we will. Until then I'd caution against any rumours you might come across.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mark2 there has not been anything official from O2 except the blanket statement that they will continue to evaluate the viability of the product, however, there are rumours flying around that the end of January is a possibility.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
They did say 1st half of 2019 they would look at it again
Message 3 of 22

Mark2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the encouraging news
Message 4 of 22

Mark2
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the encouraging news
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome @Mark2 & welcome to the forum

Message 6 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_KHave you any news to share on this?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 22

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Guessing you mean the cellular service through the Apple Watch eSim

I wouldn’t get too excited about it if it does come to O2. I’ve had Apple Watch Series 3 and Series 4 on EE’s eSIM and the amount of times I have ever used my watch independently of the phone are few and far between

Main benefit for me is it allows me to pay for my watch over a monthly contract rather than pay all up front

Message 8 of 22

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

This Q&A from our Megathread is still current, and nothing has changed here yet we're afraid.

Q. Will you be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4?

A. O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers

@MI5 wrote:

Just to avoid any disappointment when the end of January arrives and there's no update, this isn't going to happen. We have no further info we can share on this I'm afraid, other than if or when we have any news to share, we will. Until then I'd caution against any rumours you might come across.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 9 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So it's quite simple, you need another network to enjoy the full functions of the Apple Watch as we have been advising since launch. Customers need to do their research. ....

Message 10 of 22