Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

Deanos89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi so with dual sim being avalible in the new iphones would that mean you could have two different networks i.e o2 and Vodafone? Would that then mean you could use the apple watch with the vodafone sim but still have o2 sim going? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

No, as neither O2 or Vodafone support eSIM in the iPhone.

However EE support the eSIM in XS/XR so you could have EE and O2/Voda provided you had an unlocked handset which would allow you to pair the watch with either EE or Voda.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

HI slight_smile

I'm guessing, but the answer to the next question is No, I'm afraid.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

No, as neither O2 or Vodafone support eSIM in the iPhone.

However EE support the eSIM in XS/XR so you could have EE and O2/Voda provided you had an unlocked handset which would allow you to pair the watch with either EE or Voda.

Message 3 of 5

Deanos89
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

cool thanks!

Message 4 of 5

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I have a watch on EE with an EE/O2 dual sim setup in my iPhone XS Max

The one thing I would add is there are a few issues with the eSIM setup that need fixing. There’s a bug in iOS where you can’t send text messages from the eSIM to existing message threads until they text you. There is also a bug in the BT Sport App which doesn’t recognise the eSIM and prevents streaming even on EE plans that include BT Sport. Switching to eSIM also disabled my voicemail but I eventually got that working again

Thats without mentioning that getting the eSIM was like getting blood out of a stone as EE store staff had not been trained on it or informed when it went live

Message 5 of 5