Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 3

Xangel0
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Come on 02, when are we joining the Apple Watch series 3 party?

we are months late!

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Xangel0 Never.
It's not something O2 are planning on supporting.

This article explains why https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/when-will-apple-watch-3-lte-come-o2-3664181/

Why can't O2 offer Apple Watch data plans?

The first thing to mention is that this isn't some sort of artificially created exclusive sweetheart deal set up between EE and Apple - there is, according to EE and corroborated by one other provider, a concrete technological reason why that provider is the only one capable of handling the Apple Watch in the UK.

An EE spokesperson told us that "EE is the only UK network that has the capability to 'share' a number across a hard SIM (in the phone) and the Apple e-SIM (in the watch)."

At present this isn't something O2 can offer - so it isn't simply a question of waiting for an exclusivity deal to expire.

Additional info from @Chris_K Who may have further information now...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/m-p/...

Apple Watch Series 3 Info

Q.
Why are you not ranging the Apple Watch Series 3?
A.
 O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 3 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Xangel0 Never.
It's not something O2 are planning on supporting.

This article explains why https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/when-will-apple-watch-3-lte-come-o2-3664181/

Why can't O2 offer Apple Watch data plans?

The first thing to mention is that this isn't some sort of artificially created exclusive sweetheart deal set up between EE and Apple - there is, according to EE and corroborated by one other provider, a concrete technological reason why that provider is the only one capable of handling the Apple Watch in the UK.

An EE spokesperson told us that "EE is the only UK network that has the capability to 'share' a number across a hard SIM (in the phone) and the Apple e-SIM (in the watch)."

At present this isn't something O2 can offer - so it isn't simply a question of waiting for an exclusivity deal to expire.

Additional info from @Chris_K Who may have further information now...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/m-p/...

Apple Watch Series 3 Info

Q.
Why are you not ranging the Apple Watch Series 3?
A.
 O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 3 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

Xangel0
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That says they won’t support it from launch not that they will never support it.

and that they will review range and product to meet customer needs. 

Message 3 of 14

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

It’s a shame that the don’t support it, but neither do three or Vodafone U.K. as well.

iPads with e sim or Apple sim again can access EE data tariffs but not any other U.K. network due to limitations. 

I have a Apple Watch version 3 LTE and I have to be honest and say I love it. 

just wish all the U.K. networks would support it.

only time will tell

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Xangel0 wrote:

That says they won’t support it from launch not that they will never support it.

and that they will review range and product to meet customer needs. 

and there is no high demand for it on O2.

We've had maybe a dozen questions the same as yours since launch, that's all.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If O2 haven't supported up till now....I can't see them offering it at all.

The next generation will be on us soon enough....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So, simpl put, if you want the watch then port your number to EE. Hopefully you have done the research before entering into a new O2 contract.

Message 7 of 14

Ajking77
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I totally agree. I have an Apple Watch series 1 and therefore will not be able to upgrade to new iOS 5 when released. My contract is up in OCt and therefore I will now look to EE. I like O2, I like visual voice mail but what else can I do. Come on O2 get this sorted!!!

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You get VVM on EE so just move when your contract is up.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Climbingmike
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is not solved, it just doent work on O2!

Message 10 of 14