cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch "Set Up Mobile Data" not working (Reference Code 112)

JasonBradbury
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have been trying to set up mobile data on my Apple Watch - I am following the correct instructions:

1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

2. Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’.

3. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

4. Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan.

5. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

However I can't get past step 3. It keeps coming up with the error Oops, something went wrong. Reference Code 112.

I have spoken to customer service who haven't been able to help. They told me to reset my watch which I have done but the issue is still happening. Any ideas as to what it is?

I have recently changed my contract from Business > Personal, but the transfer is complete and it's been over 24 hours since completion.

Is it possible for O2 to add it from their end?

Thanks,

JasonScreenshot of error

Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JasonBradbury
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After about 10 dead end phone calls I finally got through to someone who was determined to resolve it. I was connected to someone who asked whether "Wifi Calling" was enabled on my iPhone, which I assumed it was - however it wasn't. After toggling this setting ON - the Data Set-Up process worked fine. I've now finally got data on my Apple Watch. I can't believe it - it's mad this has been going on for weeks and it was resolved so quickly. Hope this helps anyone else having this issue! 

cc: @Annemarie113  !!!!

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JasonBradbury 

It could be so many things so best I tag @O2Lisa to help when she is next working as she has helped others in the past.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 27

JasonBradbury
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks so much @MI5, let me know if you need any more info @O2Lisa slight_smile

Message 3 of 27

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 slight_smile

@JasonBradbury I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 27

Annemarie113
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, can you help me please! I’ve contacted o2 several times and it’s not resolved xx

Message 5 of 27

JasonBradbury
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Annemarie113, I’m still having the same problem. @O2Lisa from the board did reach out but it was passed to support and they haven’t been in touch. Still hoping that it will be resolved but losing optimism! 😢

Is yours just a standard personal contract? I’m convinced my issue is something to do with moving from a business to personal contract.

Message 6 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35224 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Annemarie113 wrote:

Hi, can you help me please! I’ve contacted o2 several times and it’s not resolved xx

I tagged in the O2 Advisor on-shift Monday from 8am, @Annemarie113 - on your other message thread. They will reach out to you after 8am (as it appears we missed the eye of the Advisor on this evening).

Good luck.

Message 7 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35224 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@JasonBradbury - I do not see Lisa on the rota for today or Monday - perhaps @O2Ryan or @O2Emma will be able to give you an update, as CS are usually unlikely to call back.

Good luck!

Message 8 of 27

JasonBradbury
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Any update on this @O2Lisa, or anyone from the O2 team?

Message 9 of 27

JasonBradbury
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have just bought a new Apple Watch and adding cellular data STILL ISN'T WORKING! This now confirms it's an issue with something at O2. It also doesn't help that no one has updated me or been in touch since my last message from @O2Lisa on the 13th of June, when she said "I'll get this raised now so our engineers can investigate, they'll be in touch with an update within 5 working days." That was 12 working days ago.

Please can someone help resolve this otherwise I will be forced to leave O2 after over 20 years. 

@pgn @Annemarie113 @MI5 

Message 10 of 27