Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan not working

GemH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Along with many others from reading recent posts I’m struggling to connect my series 8 Apple Watch to my data plan. When I got the watch last week, all seemed to be fine but once I started leaving my phone at home I noticed the data plan wasn’t kicking in. I’ve tried lots of things to try and fix it but with no success. I’ve also removed the plan with the aim of adding it again and now every time I try to add the mobile plan it wants me add a new data plan and won’t recognise my existing plan. Has anyone successfully resolved any similar issues? Any help is much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Liam_2023 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 61 of 70

MartinMcC
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine still not working 🙁

Message 62 of 70

cptc201
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All - Grateful if somebody could also check my account. Oddly enough, my Apple Watch Ultra can make a phone call - but it cannot send and/or receive iMessages or Whatsapp notifications. 

Also upon receiving a phone call, it doesnt seem to sync with the contacts i.e. every phone call comes up as 'unknown number', even though they are clearly stored in my contacts folder.

So I suspect my data plan is also not working - but somehow the base cellular is... Really grateful for any help.

Thanks 

Message 63 of 70

PF48
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all.

Back in December I upgraded by Watch 4 to the Ultra and ever since I’ve been unable to use it to send texts or make calls unless I have my phone nearby. I’ve spoken to O2 about this multiple times but they’ve been unable to help. Things I’ve tried is the usual unpairing, resetting, turning it off/on (yes, really), O2 even reset my data plan but nothing has worked. I never had any issues with my series 4 Watch. Either my watch is faulty (something O2 is reluctant to acknowledge) or it’s their network (which they’re also reluctant to acknowledge). Can somebody in the know here maybe shed some light on a possible fix? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m all out of ideas and I think O2 are as well. 

Message 64 of 70

marcrb88
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Emma , I am experiencing this same problem. I've spoken with O2 support after calling 202 and they seemed stumped. Can you help? 

Message 65 of 70

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124030 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7503 Solutions

@marcrb88 

It's @O2Sarah- on this morning. I've tagged her to your post. Look out for a private message from her.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 70

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks again @Cleoriff 

@marcrb88 I will send you a private message so we can check your account .

Message 67 of 70

LDG
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue and loosing the will to live between apple and o2 did you ever get this resolved as resetting my esim did not help

Message 68 of 70

JamesTho
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

me too, i have the same issue.

Message 69 of 70

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7035 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

@JamesTho There are no O2 staff here now to help you, they were all withdrawn last July

If you have followed the advice in this guides then you will need to persist with O2

Activate Apple Watch Guide 

iPhone 14 & Apple Watch - Megathread 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Or phone them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 70 of 70