Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch connection issues

CBB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is anyone else having issues getting their cellular watches connecting. I set mine up on Saturday and after 6 phone calls it still isn’t connected. There seems to be no one who knows how they work!
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @nlbpeacock , sorry to hear you're struggling with it. Happy to get someone to have a closer look for you! I'll need a few additional details so will drop you a Private Message here on the forum shortly. slight_smile

Message 31 of 36

lsec06
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Watch app won't let me set up Mobile Data, keeps saying 'Your O2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact O2 for more information'. Tried contacting O2, but they hang up as it isn't urgent at the moment. 

Beginning to regret changing my provider. 

Message 32 of 36

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Try calling using the number ending 4005 and use any option to get through - you consider it urgent as you are paying for a service that does not work!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@lsec06 

What type of account do you have and with what phone?

You must have a refresh tariff with iPhone, not business or PAYG.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 36

Theboynorm
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone been able to get a suitable resolution?

ive got a similar issue, setting up mobile data on an a Apple Watch.

"Your O2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact O2 for more information."

ive been ringing O2 2-3 times a day for over a two weeks now, still no solution.

Message 35 of 36

ryanowengibson
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had the exact same issue and spoke to about five different people at O2 who couldn’t solve it. It turns out all I had to do was enable WiFi calling on my account. You can do this in your device settings by logging into MyO2. As soon as it was enabled in my account (pretty much instant), I switched Wifi calling on in my phone settings and it worked. I could then set up mobile data through the watch app.
Message 36 of 36