Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch connection issues

CBB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is anyone else having issues getting their cellular watches connecting. I set mine up on Saturday and after 6 phone calls it still isn’t connected. There seems to be no one who knows how they work!
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

CBB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still not fixed day 8
Message 21 of 36

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Bought 2 watch 4’s along with an upgrade to an xr Tuesday all working fine by the time we had got home from the shop despite being told up to 24 hours !
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 22 of 36

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I wonder if this is why we are now having to wait for delivery of the watch. I have been told 13th July as apparantly they've have sold out completely. Makes me wonder if they've stopped shipping until the issues have been resolvedthinking 

Message 23 of 36

Vampiro
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Managed to get mine working fully.

Had to up date to iOS 12.3.2 which downloaded a new carrier update of 36, this then Allowed me to update my watch to the latest watchOS which in turn allowed that to download a carrier update 8.1 to the watch itself, which in turn gave me the option to enable mobile data on pairing the device.

The data plan didn’t kick in fully till I had reset the watch and then re-pair it a second time at which point I got the “!” On the mobile data option on the Apple Watch app and clicking on that took me to the 02 page to enable it and since then it been fine.
Message 24 of 36

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Vampiro wrote:
Managed to get mine working fully.
Had to up date to iOS 12.3.2 which downloaded a new carrier update of 36, this then Allowed me to update my watch to the latest watchOS which in turn allowed that to download a carrier update 8.1 to the watch itself, which in turn gave me the option to enable mobile data on pairing the device.
The data plan didn’t kick in fully till I had reset the watch and then re-pair it a second time at which point I got the “!” On the mobile data option on the Apple Watch app and clicking on that took me to the 02 page to enable it and since then it been fine.

Hey @Vampiro glad to hear it's working for you finally! Thanks for coming back to this thread to let us know. slight_smile

@CBB A case has been raised for you and I'm hoping we'll get this fixed shortly - hang in there!

@Lambrettacraig and @CavemanUK how are you doing with the watch now since you last posted - any progress? Have you tried the above solution in case that would work for you too? Let me know if you're still stuck though and I can get someone on our end to have a closer look for you.

Message 25 of 36

CavemanUK
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As of right now its saying exactly the same thing (No Plan Available and O2 doesnt currently support apple watch.

Is there a way to force the carrier update to download again?

Message 26 of 36

Pdoddze
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to let you know there are still issues as I bought an Apple Watch 4 yesterday and the mobile data for the watch will not connect. When I try and set up cellular I get a message saying it is only available for O2 personal pay monthly customers which I am.. two hours last night online with the support team and still not working. Said I will get a call back within 5 days.. Not holding my breath. 

Watch has synced fine apart from cellular data.. 

Moved from another network so I could access the e sim technology and after less than a day wishing I hadn't bothered as they clearly can't support it. 

Message 27 of 36

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
Hi Pdoddze sorry to hear you are having problems.
Did, or have you received a message from O2 saying that your Apple Watch data plan is active? If you have then the data is active on your account.
The next tip is to ensure that you have updated your phone to the latest version of IOS and then, and this is important, update your carrier settings.
All of this should be done before you switch on your watch and sync it to your phone.

If you have already synced the watch and you haven’t done the updates(IOS and /or carrier) it might be worth unpairing and reset the watch turn it off, do the updates and start again.

When you have paired, the watch OS will also update and this will take quite a while to download and do. Whilst it is downloading and updating you will need to make sure that the watch and phone are in close proximity until it is done. Mine took over an hour from start of download to full watch update.

I was running the latest version of IOS on my phone so only needed to update my carrier settings) note this will remove your existing WiFi networks but it’s a small inconvenience to re log on to them.
I also received the message from O2 the day before I set up my watch.

It is also worth noting that it can take up to 24 hours for the data plan to start to work. If you bought your watch in an O2 store then it may well not start to work until the following day.
If you bought on line the connection message should come out to you when the watch is dispatched.

Hopefully this is of some help and I hope you get it sorted.
Message 28 of 36

Pdoddze
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi It has finally decided to connect after a few phone calls. It took about 60 hours to activate but now appears ok. I cant say if anything was changed by O2 after a few phone calls but all is ok now.

I took pay monthly SIM contract rather than anew phone contract which may have caused the delay..
Message 29 of 36

nlbpeacock
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Marjo,

I am also getting this problem with my Apple Watch.

I signed up for the O2 data package via the app but it cancelled on the O2 end mid-set up.

Now my Apple Watch keeps trying to activate the O2 package after many resets and I'm getting nowhere with customer services after 2 weeks.

Could you look into this for me at all?

Thanks,

Nick

Message 30 of 36