Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 5 Error Code 30 issue

drmsa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys. Really trying to seek some help to sort the error 30 problem on my new Apple Watch series 5.
Had contacted O2 direct earlier today given where I was handed a NIC number and advised will be contacted by a software engineer. No contacts subsequently. However have noticed people getting help on the forum so would really appreciate any help in sorting this out for me please. @EmilieT
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@drmsa 

This helped someone yesterday with the same issue.

Not sure how you've tried to set it up but reset the watch and follow this:

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@EmilieT  is on holiday for a week so if you are still having problems after trying the above then perhaps @Martin-O2  or @Marjo  can help when they are back in the office on Monday.

Message 3 of 22

drmsa
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you both for your guidance on this. I have tried the above steps a number of times already unfortunately keep getting the error code 30.

Thank you once again.
Message 4 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@drmsa It's new. Take it into an Apple store.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 22

drmsa
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But it doesn’t appear to be an Apple problem. It’s O2 issue.
So really can’t see any advantage in taking it to Apple Store.
Message 6 of 22

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@drmsa It's possible that someone in the Apple store has seen this issue before and knows how to resolve it. If you have a store nearby there's no harm in trying. If you think it's an O2 issue and the workaround mentioned earlier hasn't helped you should speak to customer service.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 22

drmsa
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just an update contacted O2 customer Services this morning advise they know what the problem is but needs to be dealt with the technical back office team!? Given me another NIC number and advised to wait to hear from them.
Will keep you all posted.
Thanks.
Message 8 of 22

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
That's good news @drmsa, but I wouldn't sit around waiting to hear from them. They don't have a great reputation for getting back to customers. If you don't hear from them by Tuesday you should probably chase it up yourself. Good luck. Hope you get it sorted. Please come back and let us know how you got on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 22

drmsa
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Woke up to this message on my iPhone - We've connected your Apple Watch Airtime Plan. If you have any questions or need help visit www.o2.co.uk/watch-help.
Checked the watch app on the phone stated I am up and running now - this is where it used to show the error earlier. However when checked the watch itself - on Mobile Data - on Plan - O2 but Status - No Connection!!?
Looks like but longer with the waiting game.
Message 10 of 22