Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Data Plan

MattL1983
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got a brand new Apple Watch Series 4 on 26 Jul 19 - which has never connected to the data network / cellular network. Spent countless hours online with gurus, in the store and on the phone - all to no avail. Tech Services just keep asking me to reset the watch and repair - which isn’t working. I’m now in a place where they don’t call me back and when I chase them for an update they advise me the next review is 5 working days later...(!).

Complained to Customer Services, who simply advised that I could take the watch back - and then closed the complaint!!! Completely unhelpful and an appalling way to treat a long term customer. I’ve complained again (24th Aug) and still had no response.

This is such a frustrating place to be as I’m still being billed for my watch, phone and family phones - but can’t get O2 to take ownership of the issue and resolve the problem. 5 weeks is far too long a time to wait for a resolution.

To be honest, I’ve gotten so angry with the poor service I’m now looking to cancel all my contracts down and switch providers.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi @MattL1983 welcome to the forum

Sadly you're not talking to O2 here just fellow customers.

What happens on your watch when you go in the watch app and select mobile data? is anything shown there?

Have you ever linked the watch with any other data plan? / other network?

Are you on a tariff that support the Apple Watch (ie not on pay as you go?)
Message 2 of 8

MattL1983
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
At least I’m not the only one suffering these issues! Can’t believe O2 aren’t more proactive in trying to put this right!

I have a pay monthly data plan which is compatible with my phone and watch - although the watch has its own data plan as part of the contract.

The watch itself just shows as disconnected from cellular network. When I try setting up mobile data through the watch app I get an error code 30 and a message to contact O2. Can’t find anywhere on the internet that explains that code...?
Message 3 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MattL1983 Are you still having some issues with your watch? If so I'd gladly get someone on my end to look into it for you, so it's be really good to hear how you're getting on slight_smile

Thanks for helping out @PhoneChanger!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

Vampkiller
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

im getting the some problem for 2 weeks now , i have spent more time on the phone to 02 in the 2 weeks than i have ever done

im getting error 30 and i got a called to today saying that its all sorted and guess what its not

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Vampkiller wrote:

im getting the some problem for 2 weeks now , i have spent more time on the phone to 02 in the 2 weeks than i have ever done

im getting error 30 and i got a called to today saying that its all sorted and guess what its not

After 2 weeks I think it needs to looked at @EmilieT 

Can you help on this?

Message 6 of 8

MattL1983
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry to hear you’re having the same fault. Wish I could tell you it has been sorted for me, but I’m afraid not. Someone did call this week and asked me to unpair and reconnect, but didn’t change anything and the fault continues. I didn’t get any response to last weeks Customer Complaint either - so don’t hold out much hope there.

You could wait out for the 8 week point and escalate to the Ombudsman, but I’m sorry to say my patience didn’t last that long and I folded on Wednesday and cancelled the contract - Watch is on its way back. A real shame as the Apple Watch itself is a fantastic product.

Hope you get this all sorted in the end and don’t waste too much time with the Customer Care team. If not then perhaps you can come join me at Vodafone? I hear they do a refer a friend discount - we could form some sort of O2 survivors discount group!

Best regards,

Matt.
Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Vampkiller I'd like to get this checked for you so I'll send you a Private Message now to get a few more details slight_smile

@MattL1983 I'm really sorry to hear you weren't able to use your watch and had to return it, and I'll pass on your feedback on the process and support you were given pensive

@jonsie Thanks for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8