Did you mean: 

Apple Watch SE Cellular

Terri0709
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would love some help!
I bought an Apple Watch SE with Cellular through the o2 website.
It arrived and seemed to have an issue with cellular activity, said it was connected, but if I went out without phone would get a lot of "oops check your connection" "oops something went wrong" type alerts and no notifications would come through.
I assumed faulty and had the watch replaced, second watch arrives and seems to have all the same issues!
I asked Apple to help and they said it sounded like a carrier issue so suggested i went back to o2!!!
I just want to play music and run and get my texts at the same time!!

Help!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Terri0709 

You followed the mobile data setup routine correctly?

How do I activate my Airtime Plan on an Apple Watch?

If you buy your Apple Watch from O2, we’ll set up your Airtime Plan for you. But you’ll still need to activate it when you set up your Watch. When you first turn on your Apple Watch, your iPhone will recognise it and prompt you to pair them.

As part of this process, you’ll reach a step that asks you to set up mobile data. Tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll see a screen that confirms your plan has been added to your account.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Terri0709
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I did all of that, it seemed to work exactly as explained.

It also does say connected most of the time under Mobile Data.

But like I say, the connection seems to be unstable when I am out and about, stopping music playing, no notifications etc.

Terri 

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Terri0709

For notifications etc and you don't have the phone with you then the iPhone needs to be connected to WiFi at home or mobile data, so it could be that the iPhone is not waking or going to sleep.

I would try and make an appointment with an Apple "Genius" and see if they can what is happening on the iPhone.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4