Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Data Streaming Issue

Kielty
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an airtime plan for my apple watch s5 where i am having streaming issues. Whilst streaming music on cellular the music will stutter as if the signal is weak or data streaming is not what it should be.

According to the watch i am in an area with full signal (4bars) and a speed test with my phone is c60mbps on cellular.

The issue does not occur on wifi or whilst connected to my iphone.

I have switched off/turned on both my phone and watch - same issue.

Its as if the 02 airtime package for apple watch is throttling my connection - what is the problem/anyone having this issue?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Kielty No its not a limit imposed by O2, its the equipment / chipset Apple have put in the device. Music streaming doesn't need the throughput that for example a HD video does.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
It is well documented that the speed an LTE Apple Watch receives is a lot less than the phone. Don't know exact figured but usually around 1-2mb
Message 2 of 4

Kielty
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks PhoneChanger - surely it cant be that low - streaming music over LTE is a major reason to have a cellular watch. Is this a limit imposed by o2?

Message 3 of 4

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Kielty No its not a limit imposed by O2, its the equipment / chipset Apple have put in the device. Music streaming doesn't need the throughput that for example a HD video does.
Message 4 of 4