Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular

Starlir
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had a really smooth install of the new cellular plan for Apple Watch last Friday and it’s worked really well over the weekend.  Installed ios13 beta tonight and now I’m getting ‘Unable to configure cellular plan’ on the iPhone watch app, together with an addition message along the lines of ‘O2 do not support Apple Watch’.  Anyone seen this and if so has anyone found a fix for it?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Betas have bugs, it's what they're for.
Use the bug reporting tool in iOS to get the development team to look at it.
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Roll back to the latest official firmware which has been tested and approved.
O2 will need to update their carrier settings for 13.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d advise not using the beta & sticking to iOS 12 otherwise things like this will happen with new tech 

Message 4 of 11

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

To get the two to work together you would need to update the watch to ios watch 6 beta which will work with IOS 13. (apparantly)

Message 5 of 11

JimSlip
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s a beta, it’s not guaranteed to work. It’s not supposed to work or be used unless your a tester. What do you expect?

Ohhhh this developmental software isn’t working - of course it’s not!
Message 6 of 11

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Before anyone recommends updating their watch to be on Watch OS beta please don't unless you are a developer as you can't roll back! and there are a number of posts over on Apples forum of the watch needing resettings, setting up as USA etc for it to work.

I would recommend reverting back to iOS 12 and wait for the full release in september
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I said above 

Message 8 of 11

Moi5ey
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If you down load latest iOS 13 beta and watch IOS 6 beta, then this now works 👍👍as I was having same issue.
Message 9 of 11

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Its not guaranteed as with the first beta's on the Apple Watch no UK network could issue a service plan if you didn't have one before installing the beta.

Nothing against people doing the upgrade, but just be careful, and you can't blame O2 if it doesn't work as its not official final software
Message 10 of 11