Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 6 cellular

tls
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I have bought an Apple Watch series 6 with cellular. I am on an o2 £10 big bundle, my watch app is saying o2 does not currently support Apple Watch. Everything I read tells me o2 does support it. How do I make my watch cellular connection work if the setting tell me it isn’t supported. Any help is much appreciated.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

My thoughts too on the 30 day sims @tls 

Your watch will work fine on the tariff you have chosen but you'll still need to add the watch data plan at £5.00 per month too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tls 

PAYG is not supported.

You need to be on a monthly contract.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

tls
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the quick reply 👍
I hate being tied into a contract.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tls 

Unfortunately it's your only option with O2 as your tariff has to support wifi and 4g calling.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You could move to 30 day sim only?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
You could move to 30 day sim only?

I considered suggesting that but couldn't bring myself to do so looking at the cost of those tariffs.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I didn't look at the costs, just they are closest to PAYG while getting the watch working...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 9

tls
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I have made the move and signed up to a 12 month contract at £8 a month with more than enough of the data/calls I need. It’s the same price as my previous tariff with GiffGaff but hopefully my watch will work! The 30 day sim only are quite expensive for the amount you get, in my opinion it’s not worth it.
Thanks so much for the replies, very helpful.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

My thoughts too on the 30 day sims @tls 

Your watch will work fine on the tariff you have chosen but you'll still need to add the watch data plan at £5.00 per month too.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9