Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 5 - Reconnection after repair

Andy13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Guys, i have just received my watch back from o2 after they have fixed the smashed screen (top marks to o2 there).  I am however, getting slightly frustrated at not being able to reconnect/attach my mobile data plan with the phone, and not being able to talk to anyone (although understanding current situation).

When i sent my watch back i was asked to delete the eSIM profile and unpair the watch.  I did this.  Now when i tried to set up the watch again i get the following message "oops, something went wrong.  Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your o2 mobile, quoting reference code 04".

Interestingly i know my watch was backed up befre i sent it away but that back up isn't showing.

Annoyingly, i managed to get on a live chat with someone who suggested I reset network settings, and that hasn't worked and then cut the chat off so i lost that access.  

Can anyone help....please - as now i have a plan i am paying for but can't use it as i wanted to.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Andy13 

Sounds like the watch was replaced rather than repaired.

Error 04 is an existing watch on the account so will need removing by customer services Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2