cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Special Event Roundup

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it's been and gone and here is what's new - or what matters. Your choice. Here it goes

iOS 9.3 - Available today. Brings Night Shift, secure notes etc.

iPhone SE - Same size and design as the iPhone 5s. Also brings rose gold as a colour option. Has the A9 processor and Apple Pay (NFC) on board. In 16(aka waste of time)GB and 64GB.

iPad Pro 9.7' - iPad Pro in a smaller frame. Simple. What to know what the iPad Pro is like. Read my review. Adds 256GB to the mix. The 256GB comes to the iPad Pro 12.9' as well.

Apple Watch - New Straps. Next!

That's about everything of significance.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll pass on it

Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mostly what I was expecting.

Bit confused as to why the SE didn’t have the same body design as the iPhone 6, so as to keep the iPhone design consistent all the way across the board. Definitely think that its good to have a 4 inch iPhone in the range, as some people do hate large screen smartphones (although I’m not one of them).

Most confusing part of the keynote was about the new 9.7 inch iPad Pro.
I found the iPad Pro 9.7 inch a bit confusing. Having a higher megapixel camera on the 9.7 inch compared to the 12.9 inch doesn’t make sense to me. Also, using the True Tone display and giving the 9.7 inch iPad a wider colour gamut, really confuses me. Easiest thing would have been to have given them identical specs and the only thing to differ between the 12.9 inch and the 9.7 inch should have just been the screen size. Its like they are two different models, when really they aren’t, as they share the same name.

Wasn’t too keen on the nylon Apple Watch straps. Out of all the Apple Watches, I find the Sports model looks cheap with the rubber strap, and the nylon strap didn’t change my opinion. I have seen the Apple Watches in the Apple Store and I did think the stainless steel Apple Watch with the stainless steel strap was beautifully designed but about £400 too expensive. As much as I like my Apple stuff, I’m not convinced on the Smart Watch idea, just not for me.

Message 12 of 26

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Bit confused as to why the SE didn’t have the same body design as the iPhone 6, so as to keep the iPhone design consistent.

Not often I agree, but that rings very true. They praised the design of the 6's so why not at least try to maintain consistency? 

Message 13 of 26

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great round-ups @Anonymous and @Anonymous, nicely done.

How is 9.3 performing? Anyone using it yet?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Great round-ups @Anonymous and @Anonymous, nicely done.

How is 9.3 performing? Anyone using it yet?

Seems fine Toby, no issues to report. I can't see me using the Night Shift mode as I tend to not use my iPhone late in the evening.

Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bit confused as to why the SE didn’t have the same body design as the iPhone 6, so as to keep the iPhone design consistent.

Not often I agree, but that rings very true. They praised the design of the 6's so why not at least try to maintain consistency? 

At the end of the day, the body design is the same as the 5s, which is a 3 year old design/phone. Maybe its my OCD side Shocked but I would have liked to have seen the iPhone range all sharing the same body design.

Message 16 of 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Toby 9.3 has been fine for me on all the betas and fine on full version .

nightshift is very pleasing on the eyes 

now to wait for next beta trial ! 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Good to know Adam!

Do you simply apply to be part of the BETA trial, or do you need to contribute to the Apple community in some way first?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 26

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Toby Apple's current BETA program for iOS can be accessed by anyone with an Apple device, you do not need to be a member of the community, etc to access (at least at the moment anyway)
Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

9.3 no issues so far @Toby slight_smile

Message 20 of 26